Anyone here got an Ashly CL52E compressor?

Anyone got one want to check something out for me?

I’ve sold one to a guy who’s now saying it’s faulty because the right hand channel’s gain reduction meter is off when it’s set to stereo.

I can’t remember if this is expected behaviour or not, and the manual is vague as fuck about it.

Anyone want to help me out?

Sorry I don’t have any direct experience with the Ashly, though what you are describing sounds right to me - pretty sure I’ve used a couple of lower end comps that do the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m like 90% sure it’s supposed to do that, but I can’t be arsed to argue with the guy and eBay pretty much always side with the buyer so I’m just gonna let him send it back to me.

Fuck it.

1 Like

eBay is a pita - can he not be shifted? I’m sure as I can be without them in front of me that the la audio 4 squared and klark dn500 are the same.

No.

I asked him to test it in different modes and he wouldn’t even bother with that. He’s obviously unhappy with his purchase and willing to make a scene if I don’t just accept the return. Fighting it will most likely go against me anyway. I’d rather just cough up the return postage and be done with it.

Buyer’s remorse for the lose. Shame for him really - from what I know these are pretty decent for the price bracket?

2 Likes

Does this help?

2 Likes

The way he’s playing looks like it’s in dual mono. No idea why when there’s a stereo/link mode that does that?!

2 Likes

You’re totally right, thanks.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with someone on eBay, happened to me quite a few times. You kinda figure out quickly when someone just wants their money back.

It looks like a cool compressor/limiter, never heard of it. Might have it off you if you do get it back.

1 Like

No, bastard.

2 Likes

It’s amazing for the price, super transparent but nice and warm and just the right amount of crunch when you push it hard. It’s made out of the sort of steel they make tanks with too.

I was only selling it because I’m not much of a compressor guy these days and my Rytm has one on it. For the last few years it’s just sat there not being used, except when I need a reliable limiter for my noisier stuff.

Yours for £60 if you want it.

Also, thanks for the help @Tchu, it’s greatly appreciated that you would search YouTube to help.

4 Likes

That’s what it looks like to me. Nevermind though.

I was all set to lay waste to my eBay ratings and fuck the guy last night, but common sense prevailed.

Cheers

2 Likes

Bargain!

1 Like

In good times
And bad times
I’ll be on your side
Forever more
That’s what Nauts are for

2 Likes

Bit creepy.

2 Likes

Blame it on Dion.

1 Like

Dion Dublin?

I mean, I’ll admit that his pivot away from football and into the world of daytime property development television was a bit of a shock, but I can’t just go around letting everyone blame him for everything.

4 Likes

Warwick

2 Likes

This is why I only sell in person. When the buyer comes in I have the item plugged in and set up. Ask them to check everything fully. Then tell them once they pay and leave, they’ve checked it and it’s theirs.