Anyone have pads that stick?

FML!

Fresh out of the box, all of my keys had a slight tendency to stick. A few days later and I’m ready to throw the thing out of the window, button 3 makes me want to end it all.

WHY ELEKTRON?! WHY YOU DO THIS!?

As a side note, my screen cover wasn’t properly attached either (seen one other person mention that) I had to push the plastic back down onto the bezel, so there are QC issues as well as what appears to be a horrible design flaw. If this is the price of making a “lower cost” machine, just stop already. :rage:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the encoders that vary in tightness as you rotate them (as if they are bent in some way) that said, it was actually a major issue on my A4 as well. All of that plus an unusable OP-1 and my faith in Swedish engineering has just hit an all time low. I wonder if Nord is as bad?

I still have (after all those months) a sticky button 13…

number 7 for me

12/13/14

Had the same problem with my A4 MK2, to fix the malfunction I kept returning it to the retailer until I got a perfect unit… I keep reading about people here excepting malfunctioning boxes such as sticking buttons… Saying things like “you just have to break the buttons in by pressing them a lot.” I’m not exactly sure why these people are so quick to give Elektron a free pass… These are very expensive instruments. When I pay this much $, I want it to be in perfect condition… Just my 2 cents…

3 Likes

At the time there were no replacement units so it was a choice of put up with it or send it back and wait more weeks/months for a repair/replacement. When I decided to keep mine it was because I had spent the last 2 months anticipating its arrival and was allready onboard with the concept, as a new customer my belief at that time was that elektron made high quality units with good after release development, so when others said the sticky keys were not a big problem and needed “breaking in” I accepted it along with the other bugs, if the shop I had bought it from had replacement units I may have sent it back but given the situation it seemed like a pita when the replacement might be the same.
Looking back it would have been much better for me musically if I had stayed unaware of the digitakt for an extra year, by that point it should be complete and I could have avoided some of the early adopter sourness. I have decided that I will stay away from threads about new elektron products from now on.

Your situation makes me even more angry with Elektron. Their products are really amazing, just wish they would get their sh!@ together… I feel your pain though, it’s such a let down… Don’t give up on them yet, they just need time I think. I suggest sending it to them and having them service it. It sucks that you have to wait but it sounds like you don’t have much choice… Sorry bro…

Yo mate
i have exactly the same problem on the same button :slightly_smiling_face:
i have the digitakt since 2 dayz - let see in the 2 next dayz !!!

My buttons did not loosen up by themself. I fixed the position of the top plate to the buttons. Everything is going smooth now.
I described it in detail here: Sticky buttons - any solution?
Hope it may help someone of you.

1 Like

That’s nice of you to provide this guide but, performing an open surgery and thus voiding the warranty isn’t exactly ideal for a new and expensive product.

Be brave and careful. Its no rocket science :wink: Besides, how will anyone detetect that you opened the device? There are just some simple screws to unscrew and tighten up. No seals to be broken …

1 Like

This sort of thing needs to stop. Please don’t accept it, send the machine back.

Hey krunchr. This is exactly what I have done. Just a pity I didnt see your solution earlier :wink: I had to find out myself after some weeks. I have done a new post so it can be found easier: DIY fix for sticky buttons!.
Your description is just a bit more economic than mine. I needed much more words to say the same. :slight_smile:

Take care

My button 2 had same issue but I fixed it by myself just little bit of pushing the button to opposite direction from the sticking side. I think it needs some know-how to fix it. Buttons seem very sensitively made, and all gaps surrounding the button should be identical. Sometimes when we move the machine, some shocks can be done to the machine and accordingly some buttons start to be sticking, I guess.

Had the Digitakt a couple of weeks and had my first play a couple of days ago… button 6 sticks then pops back up at random… button 13 catches face plate every time… Have no such problem with buttons sticking on the Digitone will see how it goes after a few seesions