Anyone else have saving issues with digitone?

I think you don’t see the answer to this question here on this forum, but it is obvious :slight_smile:

this is a common problem when “digitone projects resets”

I’m about to turn it back on sense I last posted about this. Let’s hope for the best. Definitely appreciate all the input from everyone. My mistake I made when I realized it was deleted was not trying to reload the whole project. I instead (in my puzzled frustration) re-recorded some sequences and saved them to see if they would still be there after powering down. I realized after I should have tried re loading the project first. But whatever hopefully it will resolve itself

So I just turned it on and everything is still there. hopefully this isn’t something that happens again down the line. Could have been user error somehow but I didn’t do anything differently than I usually do. Anyways it seems to be working properly. Thanks again everyone for the input and suggestions

No clue what you’re talking about here, plenty of posters have complaints and voice frustrations without issue.

Around when you were posting that, there seems to have been a server outage, was going slow and went into read-only mode. So anything mid-post would have not been successfully added to a thread.

2 Likes

Have you tried reloading the saved project? I have had the same issue with the Digitakt after the latest OS update. The patterns I was working on are gone on reboot but if I reload the saved project they are back again. I guess it’s probably too late for you to try that but for next time, try reloading.

I lost patterns more frequently when I first bought DN and DT and wasn’t that used to the workflow yet. Never lost anything afterwards.

Until recently, when I lost patterns on Syntakt twice. I realized I had used the wrong power adapter from DT for ST. Didn’t happen again after using the proper ST adapter. Until a few weeks later, notes for only one track were lost across all patterns of a project. Definitely saved several times via both saving methods. No clue why that happened. It might be because I‘v used a third party power adapter that was originally meant to be used with A4 MK II - ist that possible?

And two days ago, I lost something on DN again. Definitely used the original DN power adapter. It might be because I‘m a bit rusty with using the digis live. But I will be cautious and see if the problem keeps on happening.

Don’t the DT, DN, and ST (and most modern Elektron boxes) share a power adapter?

If you’ve got one that’s giving you trouble, I’d be suspicious of the adapter whichever box it’s plugged in to.