Anyone else getting a loud hum?

Hey everyone! First post on this forum. I recently got an Analog Heat and I really like it. Unfortunately though I have noticed that there’s a low pitched hum present which is barely noticeable on the first three circuits but becomes a lot louder on the high-gain circuits, up until it’s almost the same level as the input signal on the highest ones!
When I’ve watched people on youtube use it I have not noticed anyone having this issue.

I’ve tried connecting it to different outlets (in different buildings even) and the hum is still there, so it would seem to be something hardware-related.
Has anyone else experienced this and know if there’s an easy fix, or should I just contact Elektron support and hope for the best?

Do you get hum with only power and headphones connected?

1 Like

Yep! It’s connected to the distortion circuit it seems, it dissapears when I pull the wet down to 0. I decided to call the retailer I bought it from and I’m gonna bring it to them tomorrow.
EDIT: I also get it from the main outs and USB without anything else connected.

1 Like

I’m getting some sort of hum as well but very wet level. Also, I managed to have an envelope follower active at one time that made it worse. Just had 10 minutes to try, but will investigate further.

The retailer confirmed that the drive-circuitry on my unit appeared to be broken. So I just got to switch it to another one they had in the store! Luckily they had one left : ) No hum on this one! Maybe returning it is an option for you as well?

3 Likes

Thanks, will test and see