Anyone else feels a natural bump in the high frequencies from the Digitakt?

+1 for loving the sound of the Digitakt. I don’t find it too nasally at all. If anything I’m always fighting to tame the low end of this beast.

Hi,
How did you time align those signals? You seem to manually align and then sum those signals. Sorry if the answer is obvious or if I misunderstood but isn’t it possible that a tiny amount of delay/misalignment between your 2 waveforms would avoid the phase cancellation in the hi frequency on your experiment?

1 Like

Haha, yea I wish they were a little more transparent also… but look at roland with the ACB and DCB at least they have been some what open about the internal sample rates on those synths as even that isn’t a given. I asked the Audiothings people some questions about the micromonsta synth like basic functions the chance of seeing new features in updates but the second I asked about the internal sample rate they stop talking to me. At the end of the day I know I think the Roland stuff sounds fantastic and kind of belief there is some sort of FPGA type system going on, micromonsta seems pretty great also but mostly for its lofi qualities super fast modulation does some weird stuff. I would love to know a little bit more why I think the digitakt sounds so dang good though.

1 Like

About the DT sound quality, I gave my baby’s toys a try, dictation thingy and tiny keyboard sampled in the DT with a sm58 knock off from maplin (prosound i think) plugged in the left input… and again the DT sound quality makes it all sound crisp, big and full. Very happy me :slight_smile:
That’s lofi for you!

3 Likes

I run the digitakt along side an MPC2500 and the sound of the 2 machines is very different even when loaded with the same samples, the digitakt to me seems very high freq focused and find the mid range punch is lost more so than the bass. the mpc always sounds solid and punchy but not sparkly like the dt, they work beautifully together, i use the mpc for main drums and bass and samples and run less important percussion and hats on the digitakt that i can mess around with. next to the digitakt the mpc2500 sounds dull tho not is a bad way, i would find the digitakt more fatiguing on its own as seems more hyped and compressed, and much smaller less dynamic signal. but they totally work together filling in the blank frequencies the other neglects.

2 Likes