Any way to lock the echo freeze delay?

For x time I’m coming to use the echo freeze delay who is really really interesting, I use it as on some video with lockOn and passOff which is really nice.
Some weeks ago I remember I locked a value of time by the way of trig as if my trig was stickin, so the effect sound was countinuously repeating and it has an nice effect on live and let me my two hands to do other things while the trig was reapeating infinitly.
Was it a bug or is it a way to lock trigs delays ?

Hope Iam understood !!

Thanks all !

1 Like

To lock delay you have to set the lock mode to on.
When you set send to 0 the last delay gets repeated (set feedback to 127 if you don’t want any fade)
Nice to use with xfader or, obviously, delay trig mode :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Helloo !

Thank you mon bon LyingDalaï :slight_smile:
I’ll fix my favorite TIME DELAY settings with two scenes and then effectively play with the delay trig mode. In fact I think one of my delay trig time button was sticking. It was nice.
Anyway (haha) thank you bro :smiley:
Have a nice aftermidi :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you can also set a scene so that “delay send” parameter sticks to zero : it’s the condition for locking the delay.
If you want your two hands free then delay trig mode might not be your way.

3 Likes

Hey dude I once got to some sort of a bug and it works on OS that is not the last. I forgot which one is that… sorry…

so the bug was:

Once you press the echo freeze button of dedicated track (green led on the right) and while holding it down press the pattern button. You get to pattern sellect page on trigger buttons. You can release the buttons. The echo freeze will stick untill you press again the dedicated track echo freeze you locked. This way you can have your both hands free to do wathever you desire during the echo freeze. Rave it out mate! Note that when you press the pattern button, after 2 seconds you will get back to the echo freeze page. :slight_smile:

I used this in a live situation couple of times and it was fun fun fun teeaking on a synth when everything was in an echo freeze.

Sometimes i had to turn down the feedback in order to stop the echo freeze. AND… sometimes I had to stop the sequencer… it’s a bug and this way you trick the OT into thinking you are still holding the echo freeze button. So it may go wrong. But only so far that you will have to stop the sequencer.

Try it out. I was just thinking about this bug couple of days ago and i said i have to share this on the forum. So here it is :wink:

Have fun in an infinite loop repeat.

4 Likes

You can also latch (‘lock’) it by switching to grid mode while holding down the track delay ‘green led on the right’. Turn it off by going back into live recording mode and pressing that track delay button again. You can latch (lock) multiple track delays this way.

7 Likes

This is some master jedi sh*t here.

2 Likes

i read that as Amway to lock the echo freeze delay.
I was thinking, crap! Amway pyramid marketing has worked its way into Elektron now???

2 Likes

We should name this trick ‘Amway freeze lock’…

2 Likes

Dude, this is INCREDIBLE :slight_smile:
Thank your for this, I will have so much fun with and the variaation that this echo freeze purpose are really nice … Again that machine show some nice short efficient possibilities…
Has my neighbor said… It’s a bit of StarWars DarkStar composent in this blackbox… for sure :slight_smile:

Thank you Elektron. And Thank you MichaloHo bro’ for the happiness :'D.

I’m dying.

Merci <3

4 Likes

That’s me playing with the echo freeze on the vocals 2:10-2:28…(as MichalHo mentioned above ^)
For your info i’m playing with a Tempest/Octatrack combo…

1 Like

Yesss that’s nice :slight_smile: Thank you for my infos :smiley:

Still trying to wrap my head around the EchoFreeze function on the OT. It seems like if I have the delay set for EF, it won’t work as a normal delay, correct? So unless I use a neighbor track, I have to choose between occasionally having EF available on a track or regular delay?

1 Like

That’s correct mr slice.

2 Likes

Yet another reason why we need the option to put the delay on the first FX block so we can have double delays!

1 Like

But then you cannot use the track again to superpose other new sounds … ?

That’s how I roll
It would be nice if we could put delays and reverbs on FX slot 1 though.

1 Like

On a side note, delay control has some fun options with non lock delays too…
If not on lock, activating delay control puts the volume of the delay at 127, so you can have vol at 0 and then bring in delay swells and what not with delay control…
Another tip I’ve found is you can set the time on the left trigs “before” you activate which delays to control on the right…
Also interesting stuff can happen with lock on using the pass control and messing with dir and vol parameters…

7 Likes

I thing lock delay is too “Super Beat Repeat DJ FX”. Efficient but…

I’ll always love beat repeating