Any way to see the current preset?

Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to see the current preset on a machine? When I hit func+preset it always takes me to the BD folder. Any way to change this to point the current preset instead?

1 Like

Sorry don’t have an answer but I was wondering the same. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

The sounds that you may load from the +Drive folders to a track are embedded in Kits on arrival. So just like the Analog series, there is no longer a connection, that sound is entirely divorced from the original, it may share identical parameters, but it’s not linked to the original in any way, so it’s a no

I can’t recall if the Cycles even has a way to directly view the current Track Sound name on the unit (which was at least a bit of a clue on analogs but NO guarantee that the sounds were identical) - it’s encoded into the kit

There’s very little chat about Kits in the cycles manual - it’s meant to be less of a headache so folk just play - your best bet is to save the sound(s) you like in a folder of your liking as sounds, or as a Kit

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize we had kits till I read this, despite going through the manual cover-to-cover
twice. I am kinda bummed we don’t have a way to tag sounds though - would’ve been nice to have a way to mark favorites to quickly recall.

2 Likes

Why not just save them in a “favorite” Folder?

Because I like organizing them by the type of sound they are, and don’t want to have the same sound stored in multiple folders. The tagging system in the Trinities makes this a breeze.

To be honest: to call the collection of track sounds a “kit” when it is not realtime shareable between patterns (one or more patterns using the same kit instance) is quite misleading. So you haven’t missed out on something important … :wink:

The Digitakt has also this kind of non-shareable “kits”.

2 Likes