Any way to do a 'step flanger' type effect without adding trigs?

I want to create a step flanger type effect where a parameter value changes in steps in rhythm with the track.

Is the only way to do this (apart from manually p-locking individual trigs) setting an LFO to HLD and then adding Fn+trig locks for the timing or is there a cleverer way to do this just using LFOs?

It’s not a big problem if it needs trigs, I just wanted to check if there was an easier way just using the LFO.

By using which effect? The delay?

Most likely by changing filter cutoff and/or the frequency of a synced oscillator.

2 Likes

Send it as a NEIghbor to the next track and sync the OSC’s in that track or modulate it’s filter?

(Can’t remember if you can use sync OSC when nei is used)

Thanks, I’ll give that a go.

The thing I’m trying to figure out now is if I can modulate those values with an LFO in discrete rhythmic steps (rather than smoothly) without adding trigs.

Random and square LFO waves do something close but I want it to rise more predictably. Triangle wave set to HLD does it if I add trigless locks to the pattern but ideally I’d like to be able to change the speed/timing of these steps in real time without having to remove and re-add trigs.

Not sure if this will be useful info (you probably already know this), but I sometimes use trig conditions on lock trigs.

Ah thanks. I know them but I hadn’t thought of using them here so that might be an interesting workaround.

One of the other results I’m trying to get is changing the effect pattern each time, kind of an out of phase 6/8 into 8/8 type thing with that sound and that might work with those trigs (although will take a bit of head scratching to figure out the x/x conditions on them!) - although NEI track with different step length could work too.