Any DSI Evolver love?

Working sans the filter is a great tip. The wavetable’s cover so many tones even with the filter wide open.

Great track! It’s the first I’ve heard of yours but I’ll be checking out more for sure. Thanks for posting.
The evolver is one of my all time favorite synths. It has its own sound but somehow still sounds different in the hands of each person using it provided they’ve taken some time to get to know it, as you’ve demonstrated so well here.
What’s the best place to listen to more of your music?

1 Like

Does it actually have wavetables or just digiwaves? I’ve only ever seen the latter referenced in the manual.

Difference being static (single cycle) vs dynamic (multi-frame) timbres.

Well, it can morph between waves so whatever you’d call that.

as in interpolating (creating frames in between), or do you mean “allows for modulating the selected wave”?

Digital waveforms, not wavetables. The sequencer can step between waves but not morph/interpolate between them.

2 Likes

@circuitghost thank you so much, this makes me feel very welcome and appreciated, i value this a lot and take this with me in my heart.

indeed this helped me too to understand the machine better, there are also some exercises in it. i printed it out and still use it sometimes, i think i still have it in pdf, i can send it to you if you want.

Also looking forward to hear more of your work with the prophets or other machines of your choice.
wishing you a nice evening, :milky_way:

1 Like

yes i know :star_struck: magic in a machine!

1 Like

i share your thoughts, most of my machines are desktop versions sometimes connected to a small midi keyboard (arturia keystep), in case of the evolver i’m not missing a keyboard at all.
Sitting in front of it and just play feels like entering a wormhole of sounds :smiley:

and i also just want to thank you for listening.

Yeah, this is what I’d thought — it was the use of the word morph that threw me a tad.

thank you @blurrghost :smiley:
on my website you can find a lot of stuff Music Archieven ⋆ ALIENNA ALIENNA
my soundcloud is bit of a mess,
Stream muziek van ALIENNA | Luister gratis naar nummers, albums, afspeellijsten op SoundCloud
i also release music on bandcamp, we are time travelers (watt) is one of the projects i’m working on
Music | We Are Time Travelers (bandcamp.com)
i’m not good in organising my music and projects :joy:

:heart:

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: I’ll pass on that kind offer with the PDF, but only for now. I’m focused on my new set and already went astray a few times, so now I’m in the zero (kind of) distractions mode.

But I’ll take you up on it once I’m done :pray:

1 Like

Website looks good, you are better at organising music than you think!

You definitely will benefit from it - it’s like the Merlin guide for the OT

2 Likes

Hiiiii i’m back with another session on the Evolver, hope this is ok with you all…if it’s too much, just let me know :heart:
the Evolver again is midi sequenced on the octatrack
and there is a little bit of drums here and there.
It’s so strange, sometimes i hear a real voice coming tru the machine, but maybe my imagination is going wild :joy:

10 Likes

Not too much, never enough.

Thats fantastic. It has a wet visceral quality to it.

edit: not realizing how much was on offer here, I’m still enjoying this and am only half way through

1 Like

Great stuff. I think I heard what you were talking about with regards to the voices.
I especially liked what you were doing with the delay lines early on (maybe 1/3 of the way in?).
Thanks for posting this.

Yes, and of course if you set the various internal sequencers to different amounts of steps each; well then it really really starts to evolve by severely limiting possible repetitions.

1 Like

Thx so much for listening🌌 i think I used the delay from the tc electronic-flashback on that part x

1 Like

Whoa, you really took it to infinity and beyond this time. I don’t even know what’s going on here, where the Evolver ends and other things pick up, but I like it. I’m feeling haunted by it, need to settle down a little before I can make myself a cup again, but I like it just because.

1 Like