Any devices like the digitakt which use sustain pedals and mod/pitch wheels?

I don’t want to record straight note then co back and menu dive and change values, if I did I would use a computer. My mod and pitch wheel don’t function when used through the DK. If someone knows a way do get them to work that would be great but Elecktron themselves said that MAYBE they would patch in support for it. I haven’t seen any new updates since my heart (and wallet) where broken and I realized I wouldn’t be able to play a synthesizers normally and record the midi tracks the same as a 30 year old sequencer. :confused:

1 Like

It’s a shame, yes it is … and just for information a comparison OT vs DN.

I invested some minutes and compared the midi-routing of the OT and the Digitone (which I have) and suppose that the midi implementation of the Digitakt should be similar to the Digitone.

Following simple setup was used:

• synth A midi-out --> midi-in of OT or DN
  • OT or DN midi-out --> synth B
  • OT or DN routing AUTO CHANNEL input to midi track of synth B
  • OT or DN activated CC for pitch- and mod-wheel
  1. OT routes the incoming midi from synth A to synth B - INCLUDING - mod- and pitch-wheel
  2. DN routes only the notes, but the encoders of the DN for mod- and pitch-wheel add CC, if wiggled. I checked various midi and midi-channel setup options, but did not find a setting, which changed the behaviour. Maybe I have missed something :frowning:

TBH … I didn’t expect such a difference and think Elektron should address this with the next firmware update. As I see it, it simply makes no sense to filter the midi of the incoming wheels out.

Suggestions for a workaround …

A) We use the encoders of the DT/DN

B) We could use a midi-merge setup, where:

• synth A midi-out --> midi-in DT/DN
  • DT/DN midi-out --> midi-in 1 of merge-unit
  • DT/DN midi-through --> midi-in 2 of merge-unit
  • merge-unit midi-out --> synth B
  • synth B on midi-channel as AUTO CHANNEL

This would be like a bypass for the wheels :wink: … and try to prevent doubling of notes and midi events, which could be tricky BTW :frowning:

1 Like

surprises me too (though I can’t test)

this implies then that you cannot record the incoming PB and Modwheel data which is somewhat disappointing - it does indeed sound like an oversight/bug which is distinctly different from expecting the data to pass through - if those encoders for PB etc are only for manual input on the device it seems a bit limiting (and clearly different to OT)