Any Clark fans up in here?

His new album “Death Peaks” is REALLY GOOD!

1 Like

i thought his last release was a little boring, but i’ve just added the new one to my apple music on your recommendation. thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of The Last Panthers or Clark and Iradelphic felt incomplete. I gave him more slack than I do any other artist. This one is my second/third favorite release of his after Empty the Bones of You and Body Riddle!

Hope you like it!

3 Likes

He’s hit and miss but when he hits, like on Body Riddle or Clark, he hits hard.

Haven’t had a chance to listen to the new one yet but it’s on my list for sure.

1 Like

His Flame Rave EP is right up there for me. Haven’t checked out the new album yet. But generally, yeah, I’m a fan.

1 Like

Interesting you guys thought Clark was weak - the consensus seemed to be it was his best since Body Riddle, a consensus I’d agree with. I thought he came off a run of very middling albums and really surprised me with that one.

I thought you were all talking about Dave Clarke, ha! After a quick flick through Clark and Flame Rave, no this doesn’t do it for me at all! It sounds like the bastard child of Actress and Skrillex. Loud and noisy with no subtlety or integrity. A bit like if Skrillex and Deadmou5 got together to make an album that was their idea of ‘a bit more Berlin’.

But the world would be boring if we all liked the same things :slight_smile:

I really like Iradelphic, bought it when it came out.
I had given the rest of his discography a try, but I will again now that my ears are more educated :slight_smile:

Start with Body Riddle. Body Riddle is a phenomenal album.

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Body Riddle.

And with Clark(album) the craft was probably phenomenal on the album, the sonic flavor of the album as a whole failed to compare with his other work, I feel. Normally his music takes me to interesting places, that one took me to a dance hall.

1 Like

I remembered Totems Flare as being the good one, but I just listened to both and Body Riddle has aged far better. Great album. Iradelphic and Clark up next, this is pretty good music for working to.

1 Like

Totems Flare didn’t hit me initially, other than a few songs, but DAMN after warming up to the album did I WARM UP TO THE ALBUM! So damn good and everywhere!

Loving the new album, bought the lp yesterday. Still so much of his stuff I haven’t checked out though.

1 Like

It’s weird, I thought Totem’s Flare and Iradelphic were pretty weak. Sort of Warp-lite. I had basically given up on him until Clark came around. Still have to give the new one a listen, I’m intrigued.

maybe i ought to go back and listen to Clark. it’s been about since it was released that i last heard it.

I think Clark is dark, heavy and purposeful, as opposed to the few records that preceded it which I thought were fleetingly interesting, but basically ponderous and at worst wishy-washy.

But then again give me techno over IDM any day.

In Clark’s defence (not that he needs one), no matter what he’s doing he’s a master technician.

1 Like

Clark’s music should theoretically please me, but I’m kind of indifferent to it :sleepy:
liked Body Riddle quite a bit but that was a long time ago

Tbh I was wondering who the heck was Clark, only to now realise i’d bought his first album back in 2001 :ooh: … those early shoots didn’t catch my attention then, maybe it’s time to investigate again

1 Like

Back when he still used his first name!

I love a lot of his stuff. But there are also many tracks I don’t like too much.
I listened most to Totem’s flare and the Clark album, which I think is a masterpiece.
Also really liked his remixes on Feast/Beast. Great stuff. Especially the Remixes for Nils Frahm and Nathan Fake are awesome.

1 Like