Anti GAS Therapy // Syntakt goes Cinematic

Hey fellow Nauts,

I couldn’t attend Superbooth this year, so I’ve been reading and watching all the new releases from a distance. This has caused an overflow of GAS synthtoms (padum tss) of course. So I thought I’d focus some extra attention towards the syntakt to see if I can dive deeper into its sound design capabilities to keep my mind from overthinking new possibilities in other gear. This cinematic piece rolled out. Hope you enjoy this one!

28 Likes

Christopher Nolan’s Inception 2

2 Likes

lovely stuff :heart:

1 Like

Don’t do this to yourself @DaveMech, go get them! YOLO. :innocent::rofl:

Nice Track!

1 Like

:joy: you have a bad influence on me

And thanks :).

1 Like

:heart:
Definitely has a very cinematic feel. Have more ideas for this type of thing on syntakt. It’s Surprisingly well suited for that type of sound design.

1 Like

Sounds great!

1 Like

Nice work Dave.

STAY SRONG! :muscle:

1 Like

impressively large sound! I’m just wondering what machine you used for the deep growl crescendo used throughout this…

1 Like

booooooooooojjjjjjjjjjj booooooooommmmmm

1 Like

Thanks everyone @aloud, @DJSpaceP, @subLimb, and @Obelisk!

It’s a combination of machines each with their own modulations and all routed through the fx block. I used 3 analog machines (and every fourth riser you can hear an extra layer which is the fourth analog track on top of that). Ending into a digital track which is a deep kick.

3 Likes

AntiGAS my a**… :joy: giev Syntakt :sweat_smile:
Love the sound of this Dave!

1 Like

:sweat_smile: sorry not sorry
Thanks bud :pray:

1 Like

Excellent idea. I always forget the layering potential of this machine. I really hope they add a way to sequence multiple machines/tracks from a single track.

super interested in using the syntakt for other things besides techno or house. there may be potential value in creating sound fx for cinema or creating content specifically designed for video creators to express a visual feeling.