Analogue Four Mk2 internal battery

Hi

I’ve searched the manual but can find no reference to this, but is the internal battery in the A4 Mk2 user changeable? The only way I can see in is to unscrew all the screws, but a pal of mine told me he had to send his Mk2 back to Elektron to change the internal battery, which seems a bit odd.

honest question - there doesn’t appear to be a battery on the Mk1, nor any discussion on it afaicr- so there’s definitely one on the Mk2 ? why does it need replacing so soon and was your pal’s Mk2 an A4 ?

Curious. I’m looking to purchase one from the pal’s pal…who says the battery needs changing but doesn’t know how. I may well steer clear of this one.

Only Machinedrum, Monomachine, and Octatrack use internal batteries…

3 Likes

Good reference Open_Mike – interesting that the Octatrack MkII does have a battery.

The only other possible interpretation of the Bluff’s question could be if he was referring to a supercap as a battery? Digitakt has that, not sure if the A4 MkII might too? A supercap is not user replaceable.

Reference

1 Like

I do love a bit of misinformation from friends and vendors of dodgy gear!

Thanks for the info, and no wonder I could find no reference to it in the manual!

1 Like

From what I understand OT MK2 is mostly identical to OT MK1 with of course minor changes…