Analog 'strange' Heat

Today my AH arrive, i turned it on and looks like it works properly. Great sound !

BUT i noticed some strange things…

1 - Yes / On :thinking:

2 - When i turned the unit upside down, i hear this strange noise :

Because i live in Brazil and send the unit to repair is not an option, i decided to open it to check what the noise is about. I found a loose screw inside of it and take it out :

Well, after all these things, i really hope my unit will keep working properly :laughing:

1 Like

Oh, that’s not nice. Hope that your Heat is doing well and that the screw was not important.

I’ve ordered one recently from a retailer and payed for a new item and received a used and defective unit. The box was already open and had been used.

I have recently sent it to Elektron who is going to send me a new unit.

I am sick and tired of retailers that are not serious and that sends items that are basically broken to begin with.

Are you trying to show the scrachy screen on the first picture? Its just the protective film thats scratchy. Just remove it. :slight_smile:

I think he’s going for the reversed No typo.

3 Likes

Ahh, didnt notice that. Havent had my morning coffee yet!

1 Like

Probaply the button is just upside down^^
Could have been some dude had the thing open, maybe did some repairs even (or tried to)?

2 Likes

There have been buttons upside down like this, or double ones.
It’s very easy to put one off with e.g. a guitar pick, and put it back in the right place.

3 Likes

Yep, looks like it.

One wonders over the QA process here, the one who goes through each box and says “This one’s good to go.” Assembly is one thing, giving the thumbs up to ship it another. When both fails, it’s time to take a break and get that morning coffee that @thomaso just mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that could have lead to a short circuit. Imagine the screw onto circuit board!
Luck that you found out!

Turn YES upside down, it will be less annoying. :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re lucky
acb3e888-28c0-4bf3-af57-ed6134b985ec

23 Likes

I would contact Elektron support and see what they say about it, even if you didn’t buy directly from them. That’s 2 assembly errors, and one serious one (screw inside).

1 Like

Hope you will fix this and keep the machine. Very good gear.

1 Like

The unit SEEMS to be working ok, but is there a diagnose mode that i could check deep into it ? What else should i check ?

Check 8 character modes if channels left and right sound similar with a mono signal.
Apparently some units have problems, channels sounding different.

If the unit sound good for you, it’s mean it working :slight_smile:
Just check all the circuits should sound differents. Check the drive amount, wet level and wet/dry mix. Check all the filters respond like they draw on the picture.
Set the drive to minimum and check the envelop follower with a trigger to send drive max and look if it trigger well when the sound go across the line. Last try the LFO on drive or filter to check if it work.
As said, try the L and R output with panning filter to check if both work.
If everything sound ok, I think you unit is ok.
It’s normal the machine create a lot of heat. (I think it’s normal, right?)

2 Likes

That’s because it’s called ‘Analog Heat’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Same thing happened with me when i bought an Ableton Push 2 directly from B&H. It was not new, it had fingerprints on it and even smells bad, a kind of onion with sweat smell… Unfortunately when i opened the box i was already in another country.

I dont understand… why can’t you turn it back? Where did you buy it?

Well, if it’s working there is no real problem.
My OT had two MIDI buttons, Elektron sent me the missing one.
These assembly troubles should be reported, though, so that there can be improvement. But it feels like it’s rarer now than a year ago.

1 Like

A friend brought it for me from the USA. As i live in Brazil, if i send it back, i will have to pay a 100% import tax when it goes back :weary:

1 Like