Analog Rytm Video Thread

I actually haven’t run the AR through the El Cap. yet.

However, I do run it through the Strymon Deco all the time, I really like that pedal. That’s not to say I don’t like the El Cap, I think it’s one of the best tape emulation pedals around.

I run everything into a patch bay so I can patch whatever into whatever quickly.

I generally have the Minitaur patched into the El Cap because it doesn’t have any effects otherwise.

I have an analog 104m super delay but I usually have the Sub37 patched into that. :)[/quote]
Nice! I was actually thinking of buying the deco for the RYTM. Does it fatten the sounds? I’m guessing it goes well with it? Thanks.[/quote]
yeah, the tape saturation side is excellent, I need to do a video, the lag deck side can give you up to 500ms of delay too, sometime I will give drums just a very slight delay and barely mix that in…of course you can do full on flanging or slapback effect with two decks like that too…definitely one of my favorite pedals even though it doesn’t have 101 effects/uses :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

Here is a video with A4 + 1 track of A4.

Techno!

Mine

little over half an hour jaming, analog rytm chained to the octa pattern change, plus waldorf blofeld

Adding my ‘Analog RYTM does 80s’ video to the list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niPw4q3vRQU

Kick, clap, hats, filter. And tube.

Elektron Rytm and Keys (Eventide and Sebatron).

@Kotare

I like your “shorties” a lot!
that is really something different and also a good taste for video :slight_smile:

Thank you - I appreciate your appreciation!

They’re not tutorial movies, you can’t see my hands moving and there’s no script telling you what’s going on, and I appreciate that that kind of video is important.

But I just get off on the sonic capabilities of the machine, beyond the norm, in a way which is pleasing to my ears.

It’s quite a boring instrument until you get beyond the 4/4 ponytail music that a lot of people make on it. I think it lends itself to restraint and, with the analog circuits and lofi samples, texture.

:slight_smile:

Acid Cumbia Jam. Analog Rytm processing external audio from Metasonix synth
https://vimeo.com/122186263
https://vimeo.com/122186263

Here’s an example of intensely manipulating the COMP and DIST FX on the master sequence.

Rytm, Keys, H3000, and tube.

using the rytm direct outs to an envelope generator for cv filter

this isn’t high quality audio, just a short clip of the patch in action

I like this sound. What is the intense manipulation, p - locks or something else?

I’m pretty sure that that was half or one cycle LFOs affecting different destinations on the master/FX sequence, mainly COMP and DIST. A bunch of slides between p-locked steps and some trigless trigs to keep the modulation variencies short.

Then, the other part is half or one cycle LFOs on machines and enough drive to start pumping and breaking up on the COMP and DIST settings.

:slight_smile:

here’s a little all rytm track i made. tried to make it glitch.

Let me say to all of you: big thanks for the vids.
I’m on holiday traveling Florida for five weeks, far away from my beloved machines…
#atinybithomesick

Peace!

Another one of mine.
This time with MS-20, SQ-1 and Push joining the fun:

I really enjoyed watching this one! I was just waiting for some other synth (maybe a bright pad) to join the groove… :slight_smile:

EDIT: The other videos are also great! There’s really a lot of art (referring to the “musician” or not discussion) to be found in this forum.