Analog Rytm Video Thread

I like this (the track by bkinsman), too.
The hardware is a Monome Aleph:
http://monome.org/aleph/

I think you just won the AR video thread.

Some great videos in this thread persuaded to create an account and share my first ever song on the Analog Rytm (hypnotic dark techno):

I think you just won the AR video thread.
[/quote]
:slight_smile:

here is my latest Live Jam

Analog Four is used in poly mode. it plays a full chord and a chord seq.

Analog Rytm for Drums, percs and bass

Analog Keys does the rest of the melody and chord stuff

Really nice stuff, Emtex!

Then again, Iā€™m a sucker for reverb-drenched dub techno chords, so thereā€™s that :wink:

Here is my first Elektron video effort. Itā€™s more of a jam than a complete composition. I wanted to experiment with playing my Moog synth while changing patterns/mutes/scenes on the Rytm.

As I listen to some of the other postings, I feel I should have had more sonic variety (next time!). I could have used several different Moog patches rather than just one. And when I was programming the scenes, the differences seemed very pronounced, but as I listen now in the mix, the scene changes are not prominent enough.

Anyway, Iā€™d appreciate any kind of feedback anyone might have.

Man, if I could jam a Moog like that, the last thing Iā€™d be thinking about is patches and sonic variety - the sonic variety is in your playing - Kudos!

thanks man, glad you like it. yeah iā€™m an dub chord addict too :slight_smile:

hey, bkinsman, amazing setup and amazing sounds!

(btw, how do you like the aleph?)

Pitch bend mastermind! Loved the freestyle feel of the Moog and just the overall sound had be vibeing along in a trance.

Well done!!

Thatā€™s one of my favorites! Welcome in the forum!

as much as I love all the videos in this thread, seems perhaps the topic should just be changed to analog rytm tracksā€¦I mean some of the videos are nothing more than just a shot of the synth, the video doesnā€™t bring anything to the picture as far as settings and what notā€¦which basically means people could post soundcloud (or other) links as well

^
When I started this thread, the idea was to showcase the AR!
Itā€™s taken on a life of its own really.
Iā€™d certainly like to see more exploratory stuff, tip n tricks, whole tracks just using the AR.
It was never meant to be the AR accompanying several other machines.
To be fair tho, I never stipulated anything!
When this thread started ARā€™s were thin on the ground, it was an exciting time & it captured that.
Itā€™s proven to be very popular which is a good thing & it showcases a lot of talent.
For me, Iā€™d like see it get back on track with more focus on the individual machine but thatā€™s just my opinion.
Cheers

good point, better make an all rytm vid then!

Yeah, I have no problem with it being seen/heard working alongside other machines, Elektron machines are designed with that in mind after all.
It really should be the featured instrument tho or highlight an interaction with other machines IMO.

Subq has a point, you should be able to glean more information from it bā€™cos it is a video otherwise it may as well just be an audio clip.

Good points.

yeah, that was really my only point, I wasnā€™t suggesting people do RYTM only videosā€¦just that it would be cool if the ā€œvideoā€ portion of it actually brought something to the table

ā€¦and like you said, initially, it was about any videos at all of it since it was new and we all wanted to see and hear it :slight_smile:

SICK :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: