Analog Rytm Video Thread

I enjoyed the first one. Both the samples and the analog voices seemed to mesh well.
ps how do you make that fisheye lens with such good audio?[/quote]
Thanks Muddler,
Thank You for the kind words.
I bought the Go Pro 3+ music edition. I have the Main outputs of the AR going into the 1/8" USB connector of the Go Pro. I had to lower the output of thw AR to about the 1/2 way point so that it wouldn’t distort the input signal of the Go Pro.
Cheers,
KD

Makes perfect since.
This is a weird piece for me.
I just started making a few beats at 80bpm and then it ballooned into a bunch of beats as I was learning these machines.
Then I added/re-created an old track at the end, then kept going.

Great stuff JuanSOLO :+1:

Hi all thought I’d post my first outing with Rytm / Octatrack - this was the first time I’d played in front of anyone at all so radio made it a extra scary! It peaks a little on the radio recording which wasn’t really happening at the time but ah well - hope you like!

Also please excuse embarrassing hand movements!

My new analog track. Rytm and Microbrute symbiosis especially
in the second part…

This is great - with the synth and lumber shots it reminded me of a sesame street educational song from the 70s - a GOOD thing!

JuanSOLO, great stuff man.

mjnight, great set. punchy drums
enjoyed the last track
can you elaborate on the set up?

Thanks Orwell much appreciated.

Setup is (under the table) A mac powering Beatstep but that’s all it’s doing (new years resolution is to learn how to use Ableton!).

• Beatstep which is driving an Sh-101

• Octatrack which is clocked by the beatstep

• Analog Rytm synced to OT

• Tr-606 synced to Rytm

• Soundcraft efx8.

/

I tried to do as much as possible there but there are some overdriven / distorted 101 bit’s I looped in advance and the pads I recorded just before and obviously the vocal samples.

I also kept the RYTM on a really simple 16 bar loop so I can change it around as much as I could but in the end didn’t switch it up that much.

valdimer

Nice work on your track! I really dig the last couple of minutes!!

This was my first kind of “live track” with the AR (+A4 and Ableton). I love the toms, kick, CHH and also the clap. Don’t like the “cowbell” (?) at all. Beside that, killer machine imo.

Ah and sorry for this not beeing a video … :slight_smile:

Good day / night to you all. Let’s make 2015 a great RYTM year. Laptop is currently out of memory hence the blackouts. Practice mode on.

Here my A4 and AR Project :

Something is wrong with this forum … cause my Videos postet are 5 or 6 times …
Here the soundcloud Link :
https://soundcloud.com/madmexx82/darkstar-x

Cool!

zonta rules as per usual - release some LP shit, zonta!!!

@ mjknight, though that was a 303 not a 606, thanks for the info
i gather the main acid lines are the 101 and as you said 101 samples in the AR
how do you find the AR sync with the old rolands?

Ha I wish Orwell! 303 would be good - I was thinking about getting a xoxbox - but since I got the beatstep I can get some fun acid-y stuff out of the 101 so going to hold onto it a bit longer (also apparently they vary alot between builds which is a bit confusing).

It’s funny you mentioned it - generally the 606 is good synced up to the AR - it sometimes falls out of sync but that is super rare. However in the last couple of days it’s started going double time and I haven’t had the time to troubleshoot! I think that’s probably the 606 being funny though.

I haven’t really synced the 101 to any elektron stuff as I’d either hook it up to the 606 or the beatstep.

Nice epic ambient! But what kind of machine is it bottom left? And what was the OP-1 playing (sample, synth?)

Nice!