Analog Rytm Video Thread

Akai Rhythm Wolf & AR, quick n dirty

Nice, I like your style. Your videos are the only ones I have found which make the AR actually look interesting/not boring. How are you liking it?[/quote]

Thanks - itā€™s fucking bad ass is what it is.

But it is buggy, sounds do not always play, a sample will play but not the drum synth sound, a sound will be full AMP regardless of if you turn it to zero.

Little bugs, as I have come to expect from Elektron. But overall, bad ass.

Thatā€™s great!
Where did you get your encoders for the AR?

The encoders are made by djtechtools.

Recorded these for something else but thought them relevant to post here tooā€¦

A couple of Snippets from practice arrangements (I phone recordings and one very short time lapse) with RYTM and A4. Cheers.

Nice, I like your style. Your videos are the only ones I have found which make the AR actually look interesting/not boring. How are you liking it?[/quote]

Thanks - itā€™s fucking bad ass is what it is.

But it is buggy, sounds do not always play, a sample will play but not the drum synth sound, a sound will be full AMP regardless of if you turn it to zero.

Little bugs, as I have come to expect from Elektron. But overall, bad ass. [/quote]
Funny i was thinking it was me doing something wrong, but iā€™ve been have having some drums that sometimes donā€™t play, i have a sample cracking the rides on CY all the way even if i put it down low :smiley: iā€™m more relaxed!

Beat I made in 40 min. Uni got me stressed and the RYTM helped to level me out.

I would use headphones or speakers. The kick is a little lowā€¦

Me and bones where jamming last night and I accidentally made a newbeaty/industrial type bass by looping a chord sample with start and end points at 0 + 1ā€¦ First time Iā€™ve messed with it really (with some tasty RYTM filtering) which took me into another direction and I ended up at a pretty famous bass lickā€¦ Jus for kicks.

I thought bones to be more interesting to look at than my bad hands :smiley:

I be been eyeing them up for my modular as well, I have a voucher to use up from doing a video about the midi fighter.

The Halloween glow ones would be cool on my modular.

How you finding the spacing with them on the RYTM a, I find it quite cramped between encoders already, do they help?

Late night techno with the RYTM

[/quote]

I have to say i donā€™t feel cramped that muchā€¦
But i do not use the ARs Synth Page this much, cause weā€™re having another un-modded AR in our setup, and for further tweaking i use the Strom Appā€¦

But the look of the coloured knobs is superb

Very nice! I want your Niio!

First Vid with the Rytm!!

No detailed notes but will answer any questions if anyone has any, Boom!

@bikinsman, very good first video! Nice setup. It must be taking you a while to learn all those machines. I bet the girls would be impressed with looking at that setup

These tracks are awesome mate, would love to hear them recorded via Line-in, rather than on your phone. The sound is terrible.
Great work though, post more tunes with better recordings :slight_smile:

Very nice! I want your Niio![/quote]
Thanksā€¦ Itā€™s potentioly for sale/trade. Then I get into using again. :slight_smile:

These tracks are awesome mate, would love to hear them recorded via Line-in, rather than on your phone. The sound is terrible.
Great work though, post more tunes with better recordings :)[/quote]
Thanksā€¦ Itā€™s an impulse thing I guess usually Iā€™m just grabbing a clip to send to friends I work/share ideas with. Your right tho it sounds rubbish. Especially if the at the other end your listening on a phone. :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve started recording every jam into Ableton, as often the best takes are missedā€¦ That first clip for example I went back too and it just isnā€™t the same!! Canā€™t work out why just something has changed along the way so Iā€™ve lost the feeling for it, which is why I came to conclusion to try and record every jam. Cheers again. :+1:
Here some more shit audio with RYTM on drums if you want.

All-Rytm track Iā€™ve decided not to include on an upcoming EP.