Analog Rytm Transfer Application [Market Resarch]

Market Research Time:

Given the latest news from your favourite Scandinavia purveyor of electronic instruments…

Who would be interested in a multi-platform (OSX/Windows) bi-directional application for transferring Kits, Patterns and Samples for the Rytm and/or DigiTakt?

And if so, what would you like to see?

From this thread: Petition for transferring samples off your machines

13 Likes

+1, painless backup/restore of full patterns/projects including samples/sounds, moving patterns around within and between projects

2 Likes

I would love this. I’d like to see kit, pattern, and sound pool management to the extent of Octaedit. I want to be able to duplicate, rename, and edit kits across projects as well as back them up via USB.

1 Like

I’m using Rytm MKI

2 Likes

That makes two of us.

6 Likes

:heart_eyes::scream:

1 Like

I’d almost prefer an all in one (samples, backup, soundpack, updates, etc) iOS and Android app. I think it’s a lot easier and more convenient to do these things with a phone or iPad/tablet.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if available for my Rytm MkI. Love octaedit!

3 Likes

Hell yes!

1 Like

yes yes yes yes yes. and also yes

1 Like

Yes. I will pay up to €30 for a Mac (not iOS) transfer app that works on Rytm Mk1 so long as:

• It works on the current Rytm Mk1 OS (1.31b). I will not be updating the OS for another 6 months at least, to protect myself against possible (and likely) issues related to Elektron’s current software crisis.
  • I can buy it directly from the developer, not from Apple /Windows store.
  • NO DRM so I can still use it years later even if developer is no longer reachable.

This issue is why I came to this forum in the first place months ago… I will not buy SDS Drop because I don’t support the App Store.

Let’s do this!

PS please don’t implement some confusing “sync” feature. Just straightforward transfers to/from the machines with clear warning if something on the machine will be overwritten (maybe with an option to have double confirmation required, to stop people from clicking OK without thinking when they’re tired at the end of a session).

Maybe leave out complete project transfers to avoid the risk of people accidentally overwriting entire projects (they can be backed up with c6 anyway).

4 Likes

Also, Mac OS 10.10 compatibility please. Many of us are careful with Mac OS updates.

Bump

Can we please have this topic pinned please?

1 Like

Some additional features missing from Rytm OS that I would love to see in this: Project optimization (show the user unassigned samples and batch delete them), ability to reorganize the sample list, and batch save all sounds in a kit so the kit can easily be pasted into another project.

I have no idea if any of this is possible but I suppose thinking big and reeling things back to what is possible is a good method.

I m interested

Very interested.
Would love to have an app which enables me to move samples, patterns, kits and projects around…

Yes please. For RYTM MkI.

Yes. I care most about sample management. Then some way to determine if a sample is used in the current project. And I’ll happily buy from the Mac App Store.

I’d love to see something that can archive the Digitakt.

I would also like to see some sort of comprehensive “delete unused samples” function. So that you slim down existing projects. Preferably such a function would have both an automatic mode, and a list mode where you could audition the samples you are about to remove.