Expired

I f***ng knew it!!

Is there a way to downgrade? Is it safe to downgrade?

That was driving me NUTS today until I figured out why that happened and fortunately I managed to solve it for now.
I changed all the track settings under left hand “retrig” menu from 1/16 to 1/1. At least this way the retrigging happens only if you keep the pads pressed for a whole bar…
This was one of at least five technical problems today at my rare free time session. Killed the mood pretty efficiently…

I currently work around it by using the “Note Length” MIDI plugin in Ableton, and Length set to around 100ms, but seriously surprised they haven’t pulled the update with such a serious issue.

I was wondering, does anyone know if its possible to use the Mutes on the RYTM while sending midi clips from Live to the RYTM? I am SURE I had it working before… but now I just can’t seem to figure it out… I absolutely love the mutes on the RYTM, they’re so great in Live performance.

IIRC this used to work, but an OS update changed the behaviour. Now the mutes work the same whether you’re sequencing externally via MIDI or via OB, which is, mutes only affect the AR’s onboard sequencer. I believe this is what Elektron intended, since originally mutes affected OB sequences as well.

This can be handy if you think about it - you can switch between internal and external sequencing, on e fly, by clever use of muting on send/receiving ends!

Ah, bummer. But yes I see your point, I quite liked the mismatch that happens between both.

But I loved using the mutes to mute the drumracks from Live.

Oh well!

Also, it doesn’t seem to work the other way round either.

If I am sending a mid clip out from Live to RYTM, I can’t mute any of the tracks in a drumrack. It has no effect on whats being sent to RYTM and it keeps sounding notes whether muted or not.

Well I figured out you can do it if u route individual outputs of the Rytm, but not when its all just coming out of L/R in OB.

I think this means for me then that I will sequence everything on the Rytm then, except for longer sequences which I can do in Live - but at the sacrifice of less performability / more pre-arranged thinking.

It’ not a bad thing I guess and maybe it’ll push me to use the probability modes more :slight_smile:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3445/rytm-mutes

^ Interesting - will check this out ~

This is awesome. If there were a way to control Rytm parameters from Push that would be even better. Similar to what this user created for Analog 4:

It’s not on the Ableton side, but that new CV splitter cable that Elektron put out can be used on the AR to split the duo-mono tracks into 2 separate signals… so, you’d have a spend a bit to do it on all of the duo-mono outputs, but that’s 1 sure-fire way. $25 for one splitter.

Just use mono inputs to your audio tracks or external instruments or whatever you’re using…

Hi, thanks for the rack, it’s amazing!
I waa trying to make one myself but it is really handy.
I have a problem though: I move a parameter on the rytm, I can see the knob moving in OB, everything is set up correctly (automation arm etc) but I cannot record automation.
I can record midi notes from ableton to the rytm and from the rytm pads into ableton, but no luck with automation. Even moving the OB knobs with the mouse doesn’t get recorded.
Any help?

Thanks a lot

I believe you have to configure the actual plugin in ‘devices view’ in Live. Fold out the plugin, hit configure, then tweak your parameters as desired to populate them in the device window. Then, you can automate those parameters from there IIRC

Is it fair to say that if you Multi Track, you loose AR Distortion and Compression???

To avoid duplicating voices you have to disable routing to the main tracks which in turn means loosing the master effects, unless you have send effects routed to the fX tracks that in that case they do go through the master effects.

???

Thanks
Adrian

I was struggling with this same problem, not being able to use Live drum rack mutes with hardware drum machines. I finally found this little Max for Live device which solved the problem for me. Dropping this at the end of every drum pad chain turns off all of those devices in that particular chain when you mute that pad. Works great now with Push2.

Le Supermute

2 Likes

Thanks, it was exactly that. For some reason I thought you could map every OB parameter to the Rytm, but as it turns out its 127 parameter max (makes sense).
Now I have the drum rack with scene and performance pads always mapped as well as the fx stuff (apart from lfo - why?) thanks to the patrik stuff, awesome.
Whenever I want to write and automation, I map the parameter from the Rytm and write it like that.
Whenever I want to record, switch on the multi output from the OB control panel. Works great!
Now I’ll add the mute functionality and I’m done!
Thanks again!

Actually I have another (silly) question:
How is it possible that everything goes through usb? I mean those are 8 audio channels…would it be the same exact thing in terms of quality if I used the jack outputs from the rytm?

Hello, why do you need that max device in this rack?