Analog Rytm OS 1.7x: bug reports

That makes a lot of sense. But, I haven’t been actively in the song menu/mode.

Elektron told me that the UI firmware did not update, i’m waiting for further instructions

1 Like

There seems to be an issue with audio routing. If the rytm is connected to overbridge, the kit’s audik routing does not go back to the main bus. The only way I was able to clear the issue was by clearing the kit.

Me as well. They said this problem is only affecting the very first batches of MK2’s. They also said a new firmware is on the way.

2 Likes

Was the numbering/period qualified further for anyone curious about their machine date ?

This bug existed pre 1.7x and was confirmed by Elektron support earlier this year who said it would be looked into for the next update. I’m a bit disappointed to find that this wasn’t the case. I have let them know that this is still an issue in the 1.7x firmware.

Here is the issue as I originally reported it:

When using Direct Jump mode, things work as expected when all tracks are using the same timing scale, but once you have tracks at different timing scales, those tracks play at the wrong position when you direct jump between patterns.

Essentially Direct Jump is unusable if you use track scalings other than 1x.

Related - I asked on the A4 bug thread if this is also an issue on the A4 but haven’t received a reply. Analog Four/Keys OS 1.51: bug reports - #45 by Lokua. Can anyone please confirm if this is an issue (perhaps on that thread so we don’t derail this topic)? I’d really appreciate it - just want to know exactly what I’d be purchasing.

2 Likes

In Rytm MKI, when press PAGE/Scale button to make FILL it activate PAGE LOOP and it overlaps the Mute page and all pads turn green. And becomes impossible to make FILLS and MUTE and Unmute tracks at same time like before in previous firmware. Can be possible to have the option to turn on/off the PAGE LOOP function or have a Combo TRACK + PAGE to activate PAGE LOOP. And leave the PAGE\SCALE button like previous.

Its buggy but sometimes work!!! When make FILL it open PAGE LOOP page, and with FILL pressed if I click on Scenes or Chromatic page first and then press Mute page, this make turn off the PAGE LOOP function and access Mute tracks again. But Sometimes work other times I have to Click on Scenes or Chromatic several times and Mute to work. This is a killer in Live performance. I Hope there is a way to fix this.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure this bug is related to OS 1.70, but I’m now not able to get any level from the individual outputs via OB for tracks 9 - 12. I can hear the output from the main AR Overbridge MIDI track in Ableton but I don’t get any signal on an audio track that has these tracks routed to it. I also don’t see any level in the mixer page in the OB plugin.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anybody else kits get wiped after the upgrade?

i kinda noticed that single sounds were being blitzed after a restart, i was always working on empty patterns doing simple tests, so wasn’t bothered, but i did find it odd

if it’s repeatable then lay out some steps (ideally from a new project) and get it confirmed here and fixed hopefully

1 Like

On mk1 as reported, if you hold [PAGE] to enter page loop mode, you can’t mute/unmute tracks anymore which is a problem if you want to use Fills and mute/unmute at the same time.

If you do [PAGE]+[NO] and release [NO] right away while holding [PAGE], you can exit loop mode and play your Fills and mute/unmute tracks so I guess this could work but…

On the other side, if I just want to use page loop, it will also activate my Fills settings…

Perhaps Loop mode should be a latch system on the mk1:

[PAGE]+[YES] or [PAGE]+[CHAIN] to enter page loop mode. we could then use [PAGE] as the normal Fill button

[NO] to exit loop page mode.

Once in loop page mode, the pads would still work as mute/unmute by default but holding [TRACK] while pressing a pad would disable/enable the track from the loop.

4 Likes

HH LABs decay value shows 127 for max value while it’s clearly inf(inite) when set to 127.

2 Likes

On mk1

1. When viewing mute page, No+Mute/Sound closes the mute page, rather than reloads the Sound - others have reported this.
  2. In step recording, steps with parameter locks are blinking - is this normal/intended?
  3. In step recording, holding a step with parameter locks, the parameter pages with locks on them are not lighting up like the release notes say they should - is this supposed to be mk2 only?

“It is now possible to see which PARAMETER PAGES contain parameters with parameter locks. When pressing and holding specific trig in STEP RECORDING mode, the [PARAMETER] keys that contain parameters with locks light up.”

1 Like

Oh, sad.

A good reminder for others that one should always backup Projects and Sounds before upgrading.

2 Likes

This bug has been plaguing me for years and I finally found out what causes it.

2 Likes

Audio Routing seems buggy for me.
Even without Overbridge.
When i want so use Track 3 or 4 on a separate Output it’s still ok the Main Out and it’s even louder.

By creating a new project the issue is gone

I guess this was mentioned earlier aswell.

I had that one time.
After restart everything was weird.
Was using OB so was not sure if it’s Rythm or OB. But had that.

There was sound, but they were kind a washout. And it was affecting all pattern using different kit.
Restart solve it.
Happen one time, but I guess other people will hear it.
No idea how to repeat it.

2 Likes

Not sure if bug or normal behavior.

I make a 64-step pattern (we’ll call this P1).

I then copy a track from Pattern 2. It’s a 16-step synth variation track I want to paste onto the 4:4 of P1.

Instead, it pastes that track onto the 1:4 of P1 and leaves the rest of them empty.

I feel like I was able to do this before correctly, but it’s been a minute since I played with the RYTM so I am not sure. Any thoughts?

That’s normal behavior, if you want to copy a page to a page, hold the page button and copy/paste, not the track button.

3 Likes

That’s it! Thank you so much!

3 Likes