Analog Rytm OS 1.50A: bug reports

Well you are right and I shall now bathe in shame.

9 Likes

Hello guys, for those who are going to play live the next month, how do you find 1.50A? is now reliable for on stage situations? anyone here using it live already? thanks

Yep. No freezes anymore. And the annoying pattern bank select bug is solved. I ve gigged once since and spent a good amount of time in the studio.

Read up above for some remaining lesser concerns.

1 Like

When switching scenes, P-locked start-end points revert back to the original start/end points, even though these parameters are not ā€œlockedā€ within the scene. Is this considered normal/expected behavior or a bug, and could anyone confirm this?

I noticed when using a sample chain that has different chord voicings at multiples of 12. The chord changes mid-way through the duration of the pad (to the non-plocked value) when I switch scenes.

@Zky watch out for trig conditions (1:2, 1:3, these types of conditional locks) - they still donā€™t quite work as expected when using different track resolutions.

Hey guys,
Since OS 1.45 and still with 1.5, I have pad bugs on every new project I create. Every time I mutate a pad, pad #1 (BD) mutate too.
This bug doesnā€™t happen on projects I created before the updates.
The only way I found to work around this bug is to copy and paste an old projectā€¦ :man_shrugging:

What do you mean by mutate? Sounds like a MIDI Feedback loop

Sorry for my English. When I go to the mute section and when I mute a voice (CB, CYā€¦or any voice), the BD (Voice nĀ°1) also goes off without me touching the PAD.
But this bug only happens with new projects I createā€¦

Sounds like the muting of the Tracks is sending a mute CC out somewhere, which is then being sent back to your device and muting Track 1ā€¦Check for MIDI feedback loops.

2 Likes

One way to test if @mekohler is true is to disable MIDI channels in MIDI config menu.

1 Like

Deactivating the MIDI channels seems to work.

1 Like

rytm mk1, when i use advanced mode for track scaling master scale doesnā€™t function. was this always the case?

can anyone replicate?

Noticed a bug in sample browser Rytm mkII:
Steps to reproduce:
Create a directory
Select some samples for moving
Deselect all selected
Select some samples for moving again

The total number of selected sounds will be the sum of the first and the second lot, meaning that deselect is not working.

Can anyone else check to confirm?

Hi,

[Iā€™ve had my rytm some time, but very much a noob user as donā€™t get a great deal of time to myself].

Iā€™ve had boot issues with mine that Iā€™ve not had before. Just doesnā€™t boot up!

Iā€™ve just done a factory reset having looked at a thread from 2018 and it seems to be behaving at the moment. Boot test report shows no errors but I canā€™t remember if I did the factory reset before the test report? doh. =/
Fingers crossed!

[Also, from that thread it was mentioned about start up from a power strip was an issue for some, but mine is directly plugged in and Iā€™m a bit anal and always turn on from the machine anyway, but might help someone?].

Ant.

sorry to drag this up again, can someone confirm if this is intended or a bug

This canā€™t be intended: you need to be able to synchronize your rytm e.g. 1:2 with an external device.
Can you replicate such behavior also in a new project?

In ADV mode Master Scale changes length, but not speed. I guess it is logical that tracks settings override Master Scale no?
Iā€™m not familiar with those settings so Iā€™m not sure.

1 Like

Yes, this was asked before quite recently, itā€™s working as I expect it would but I see the source of the confusion. Master is different and afaict it has to be so this is just an easily arrived at misunderstanding. Master does not speed tracks up, it only defines an overarching looppoint defined in length of steps

2 Likes

ok thanks, so when in normal mode:

The rightmost parameter controls the time signature of the pattern. It offers seven possible settings, 1/8X, 1/4X, 1/2X, 3/4X, 1X, 3/2X and 2X. A setting of 1/8X will play back the pattern at one eighth of the set tempo. 3/4X plays the pattern back at three quarters of the tempo. 3/2X will play back the pattern twice as fast as the 3/4X setting. 2X will make the pattern play at twice the BPM.

but when in advanced mode:

MASTER SCALE is the rightmost setting. It sets the general time signature of the pattern.

but not speed

i guess, avoiding confusion if youā€™re running a track at 2X and it canā€™t be multiplied any further.

Had a similar thing on my mk2. It would briefly flash then nothing. Unit seemed dead. Different power outlets didnt solve a thing. Ended up hitting a pad in frustration and suddenly it went through boot, then gave a ā€œmissing cal: padsā€ error.

Pads didnt respond so I rebooted again. Seems to work perfectly fine now. Not sure if this is a bug or if I should be concerned about my unit.

Mine has been fine ever since the factory reset, so hopefully it will stay that way!

Hope yours still works!