Analog Rytm OS 1.50A: bug reports

I don’t know that it is a new bug, but I have noticed that the AR will only send pressure data (from performance pads) to external MIDI sources if both pressure dst = int + ext AND encoder dst = int + ext. it does not ever send midi when pressure dst = ext. when pressure dst = int + ext, it sends midi if encoder dst = int+ext, but not if encoder dst = int.

seems to me that midi should be sent from performance pads when pressure dst = ext or int+ext, and that the encoder dst param should not affect whether or not pressure data is sent externally.

1 Like

where is this BIG PROBLEM, I am having a hard time replicating this BIG PROBLEM as the pads knobs etc etc are all sending and receiving just fine afaict

that would be unfortunate if it was simply user error

before you do, let’s just establish some facts, so what’s not being transmitted for you - let’s focus on transmitted (rather than received) so you’ll want a midi monitor !?

I can’t replicate this, can you be clearer

aftertouch/pressure is sent when you are in normal pads playing mode, specifically NOT when in performance mode (which sends a different channel message)

is this a case of user error

2 Likes

THANK YOU! And yes agreed that is how it should work - what if you only want to send pressure data and sending encoder data messes things up! I’m sure they will fix - and thanks again for the tip
@avantronica - yes apologies, my post was in haste and frustration, that’s interesting about the difference between performance mode and non. I’ll have to think about why that makes sense, thanks for bringing it to my attention - my issue was that I need to send CC info, not aftertouch, so it may still be a problem if it’s impossible to do that in performance mode without also sending encoder data. Again I have to check how this works. Ty all for being supportive

1 Like

There are four toggleable destinations … int int/ext ext (except encoder has no ext only)

Encoder
Pad
Pressure
Mute

Mutes are a CC
pressure is aftertouch and is only possible in normal/chromatic playing
Pad is notes only
That only leaves encoder which seems to be a catchall for CC messages (except Mute)

so the only path to disabling the CC from performance Mode is via Encoder set to Int

There’s no way to disable Encoder without disabling the performance CC (in 1.50A) too

However, if you are setting the Output Ch to the Track Channel or Auto Channel, then the encoder CC is always on a different channel which you could filter with - default channel for Perf CC is Channel 15 which is a unique channel from all other defaults

I can’t attest to the behaviour of Encoder = Int prior to this, but it seems to make sense now, if it was previously sending Perf CC then there would have been no setting (besides a kill all) to filter that away - perhaps there’s a case for having a Performance CC = Int Int/Ext Ext option that is discrete from Encoder ? Who knows

But I can’t see anything massively inconsistent with expectation here - the term pressure seems to have added to the confusion, but that relates only to Aftertouch Messages (not performance Mode)

2 Likes

So, this 2 octave difference rytm bug. Am I correct that now it is at least the same when playing on the chromatic pads and sequencer the same, but generally you can only output really low notes?
As in I have to go all the way to the top to get to C2 or so?
Seems I can currently only output low or very low notes :C

The default Pad Midi Note is 36, the lowest pad is 12 and the Highest is 59 (it’s not a C)

The Lowest Sequenced note is 12 and the Highest is 60 (it is a C @ +24 , pads only reach +23)

There is no fixed standard, there are a couple, about how to reference these Notes against a designated ref C - some start at C0 some at C-2, so it’s best to look at MIDI number which is absolute

It is nonetheless very much loaded in the lower half of the MIDI range, the Notes 0-11 are reserved for playing The 12 Tracks on any input channel like an Ableton drum rack

1 Like

Hi, when I try to record audio from external input, selecting AUD L, L+R, R doesn’t seem to work: I only record loud white noise and the VU meter doesn’t move. The monitor option has no effect: my external source can be heard in all cases.

However, when recording MAIN, I can sample my external source without issue. Also, my external source is modulated by the compressor. So it looks more like a weird routing problem or a software glitch than a hardware issue.

It seems like a bug but I don’t know if it’s recent, I upgraded as soon as I got this machine, some days ago. Sorry if it’s just me mishandling the device.

Edit: Also, unrelated but when powering off the machine when it’s booting, powering it right after fails, either silently or with oscillators drifting up (it was quite nice actually lol).

Edit2: does yours light up with a red/blue/white flash (and sometimes a loud bang (more like a wobble actually) in the headphones) too? :smiley:

Sounds like you have plugged in your external input into EXT IN instead of AUDIO IN

7 Likes

Well you are right and I shall now bathe in shame.

9 Likes

Hello guys, for those who are going to play live the next month, how do you find 1.50A? is now reliable for on stage situations? anyone here using it live already? thanks

Yep. No freezes anymore. And the annoying pattern bank select bug is solved. I ve gigged once since and spent a good amount of time in the studio.

Read up above for some remaining lesser concerns.

1 Like

When switching scenes, P-locked start-end points revert back to the original start/end points, even though these parameters are not “locked” within the scene. Is this considered normal/expected behavior or a bug, and could anyone confirm this?

I noticed when using a sample chain that has different chord voicings at multiples of 12. The chord changes mid-way through the duration of the pad (to the non-plocked value) when I switch scenes.

@Zky watch out for trig conditions (1:2, 1:3, these types of conditional locks) - they still don’t quite work as expected when using different track resolutions.

Hey guys,
Since OS 1.45 and still with 1.5, I have pad bugs on every new project I create. Every time I mutate a pad, pad #1 (BD) mutate too.
This bug doesn’t happen on projects I created before the updates.
The only way I found to work around this bug is to copy and paste an old project… :man_shrugging:

What do you mean by mutate? Sounds like a MIDI Feedback loop

Sorry for my English. When I go to the mute section and when I mute a voice (CB, CY…or any voice), the BD (Voice n°1) also goes off without me touching the PAD.
But this bug only happens with new projects I create…

Sounds like the muting of the Tracks is sending a mute CC out somewhere, which is then being sent back to your device and muting Track 1…Check for MIDI feedback loops.

2 Likes

One way to test if @mekohler is true is to disable MIDI channels in MIDI config menu.

1 Like

Deactivating the MIDI channels seems to work.

1 Like

rytm mk1, when i use advanced mode for track scaling master scale doesn’t function. was this always the case?

can anyone replicate?

Noticed a bug in sample browser Rytm mkII:
Steps to reproduce:
Create a directory
Select some samples for moving
Deselect all selected
Select some samples for moving again

The total number of selected sounds will be the sum of the first and the second lot, meaning that deselect is not working.

Can anyone else check to confirm?