Analog Rytm OS 1.45: bug discussion

Now that I have my Rytm back from repair (ghost mute thing) I’m noticing sample browsing slowdown. Generally it happens when the unit is warm, so after about 20-30 minutes. Mainly happens when accessing samples through the sample page with FN + Yes, not from the settings > sample browser. A reboot fixes it for a short while.

Think this is a bug, or is the unit throttling due to heat? Lag can be pretty bad at times, like a whole 2 seconds before it will respond to input from the directional arrows.

That’s not a bug, but the combination of bad UI design (save and load on the same key combo) and an user error.

From the manual:

[GLOBAL SETTINGS] opens the GLOBAL SETTINGS menu. The secondary function opens the SAVE PROJECT menu. A long press opens the LOAD PROJECT menu.

I guess you’ve just pressed [FUNC] + [GLOBAL SETTINGS] too long and the LOAD PROJECT menu opened instead of the SAVE PROJECT menu.

The way this is implemented you cannot simply press [YES] after the key combination, but you need to watch the display which menu got opened.

2 Likes

Hello! I found this error with the lighting scheme of some buttons in song mode. To make the problem clearer I compared the lighting scheme outside the edit song screen where the lights work correctly and inside the edit screen where instead there are problems that making impossible for the user to realize if song mode is active or not and purple light represents both the programmed mute and song mode ‘on’
As reported in the manual:

OUTSIDE SONG MODE EDIT SCREEN
1a - chain off, song off
2a - chain on (full lit), song off
3a - chain off, song on (full lit)
4a - chain off (dimly lit), song off (dimly lit) contains programmed mute
5a - chain on (full lit), song off (dimly lit) chain active with programmed mute
6a - chain off (dimly lit), song on (full lit) song active with programmed mute

INSIDE SONG MODE EDIT SCREEN
1b - chain off, song off
2b - chain on (full lit), song off
3b - chain off, song on (full lit)
4b - chain off (dimly lit), song off (full lit, must be dimly lit) contains programmed mute (BUG)
5b - chain on (full lit), song off (full lit, must be dimly lit) chain active with programmed mute (BUG)
6b - chain off (dimly lit), song on (full lit) song active with programmed mute (CORRECT)

Basically, in figures 4b and 5b the song mode button must be dimly lit.

can anyone confirm or im alone with this?

Yep. It was definitely all of that. OOPS.

2 Likes