Analog Rytm OS 1.45: bug discussion

Have any other MK2 users have funky issues with the control inputs and using CV?

wouldn’t mind hearing if this can be replicated or is standard function, can’t remember if it worked on older OS;

simply desire to overlay internal trigs with an external sequencer.

sending mk1 midi notes from external sequencer to all 12 tracks over 12 channels.
before i send midi to any channel i can place trigs on internal sequencer no probs.
as soon as any channel receives external midi notes the internal trigs stop triggering, tracks only respond to external incoming notes.
when i record the midi coming in the trigs are visible but they don’t trigger internally unless I reboot.

it’s always been one or other as far as notes are concerned - external takes priority, so it’ll block/supercede internal track trigs underneath it

2 Likes

Not working on ‘Synth Page’ for volume parameter (Function+Data Entry H)

RYTM Mk2 OS 1.45 bug?

Attempted to “Save Project” today, only to have everything I had just done revert back to where it was upon LAST save. First time I have had this issue, but it happened twice within 30 minutes.

i thought volume just jumped quickly , not specifically 16,32,64 …
but i havent used my rytm for a while.

tthis could be a issue with MIDI sending from my DAW itself, but when I plug in my RYTM to Logic, the kick only goes to 0 volume, pans hard left and has a no of other paramters go to the lowest value. it seem to be ok if I turn off ‘recieve midi notes’ (but sometimes I want that turn on aye).

“certain parameters”

a delay is many times on beat so the function knob helps skip note values essentially
an oscillator bumped up an octave is another “jump” that makes sense

volume is totally dependent on the programme material

I just had another freeze on a live gig, fortunately was able to work around it’s still but it’s really frustrating. If I recall it occurred when I had the fill button held down. The days of playing an entire set with just a rytm are definitely over for me.

2 Likes

This sucks. I’ve been getting a few freezes too. We need to get the AR stable again! :muscle:t2: Such a good machine

1 Like

yes, I had really hoped this would’ve been addressed by now.

1 Like

I have to say; I’ve been somewhat regretting upgrading. Aside from the occasional freezes, the whole draw for the upgrade was the control inputs which are still not working and support have been rather unresponsive on this particular ticket. :unamused:

This thread has prevented me from upgrading to the 1.45 firmware. Does anyone know if the program change functionality was addressed in 1.45? I saw something in the release notes about Direct Change improvements for Direct Jump. Trying to use this guy with a Pyramid sequencer. Oh, and I’m on an AR MK1.

I haven’t installed either of the last two updates out of fear that it will screw up my machine.

I have a brand new Rytm mkII incoming this week. If it comes with 1.45, would you recommend installing the older OS instead (1.40D?) Or is it even possible to revert? Just wondering what the most “stable” OS would be.
Thx

I NOTICED that when I place a trig on the bd with micro timing of - 32 and on the snare a trig before the one on the bd track with +32,microtiming
The snare won’t trigger anymore.

Also function + encoder Doesnt work on some machines in the synth page.
It is very buggy.

I have mk1 and 1.45b

not every parameter has smart/quick values - a bug is unexpected behaviour btw

I’m having the same issue with expression pedals. After turning on the device, the pedal will not affect its assigned parameters until you go into the assignment window and fiddle one of the parameters, then they all become active. This happens with both EXP/CV inputs individually.

Also, before setting up the above mentioned function, every time I turn off/on the Rytm, I have to globally re-calibrate the pedals.

Lastly, copying and pasting mod settings from kit to kit doesn’t carry over the track info. It pastes all as BD. (But maintains the mod parameter value, weirdly).

If I’m missing something, please comment!

I think my copy function works, will double check

1 Like