Analog Rytm / Four MK2 USB Audio Dropouts

Hi,

I am recently experiencing strange audio “dropouts” when using USB Audio. The AR is connected directly to the iMac via the original Electron cable. It sound like the audio is switching back and forth between two states for a few seconds. For a short time it almost sounds like I am hearing the sound like being inside a tunnel (attenuated) and then its back to normal again. I will also try to upload a video showing this strange behavior. Has anybody an idea what’s the reason for that? Thank you.

Anybody? This is not happening using Overbridge. Reinstalled the OS on the devices and also reinstalled my Saffire Pro24 DSP Software…

Am I the only one having this problem? I already tried different USB ports and an extra powered USB hub - the same problem. I am on an iMac 2019 / Catalina. This is getting really annoying, seems like using two ore more devices via USB in combination with the sound card is not possible at the moment . I am using a virtual device created in the Audio/Midi menu on the iMac, what I did is creating a multichannel device which combines the Focusrite Saffire + Analog 4 + Rytm into one single device which I then can choose in Ableton. Of course the bitrate is the same, changing latency or buffer size has not effect.

Turns out this may is connected to the Focusrite Saffire Pro DSP24, I think I need an new audio interface. I think firewire connectivity and the iMac don’t work well together since updating my iMac to Catalina…

did you designate the Saffire as the clock source and turn on drift correction for the other devices?

Yes the Saffire is the clock source. . I did not notice the drift-correction until now I will try to switch it off.
Thank you for the hints.