Analog Rytm MK2- Missing Cal: Pads

I would open a support ticket. Also, I think the fact that the error occurred after loading samples is mere coincidence. Goldbaby is not to blame.

2 Likes

ok thanks :slight_smile:

hehe yeah of course not re: goldbaby!
i do find it odd though that within 24 hours of deciding to add samples to the machine after not having time to get to it, this happens

Just heard back from support -

ā€œWeā€™ve seen a few reports of this error message, but when weā€™ve investigated those units no faults have been found. If the pads work as expected thereā€™s no need to worry. Please report back if you suspect that something isnā€™t working as it should and weā€™ll investigate further.ā€

In my ticket I asked for an explanation of what the error is, which I didnā€™t get - and Iā€™m dubious that there are just a few reports of this message. But mostly Iā€™m just concerned about a brand new synthesizer being doomed to recurrent issues.

Has anyone experienced the ā€œmissing cal: padsā€ popup and then had zero issues moving forward?

1 Like

I experienced the Missing Cal: Pads error message once, and have had zero issues moving forward. However, I experienced the problem while using the Rytm as an audio interface, which I stopped doing.

2 Likes

thanks, this is somewhat heartening

I got the rytm mkii 10 days ago. Since today it asks me to calibrate the pads. Unfortunately the manual does not mention this (only calibration of oscillators and filters is contained). Does anyone know how to trigger pad calibration?

Yes, I have exactly the same issue, the AR2 complains, but as far as I tried the pads seem to work.

I just had this Missing Cal: Pads error today, I restarted and everything seems to be ok, I also did test mode and got no errors, still, a bit disconcerting to see it on a brand new machine, running the latest OS 1.50.A

I see this once in a while at launch, starting again always remedied the blip

3 Likes

Same here, brand new machine, 1st startup sometimes with black screen, other times with missing cal pads error. Second startup solves the problem, a bit frustrating though

2 Likes

Exactly the same issue here with AR MKII brand new unit May 2020. Restart or after press any button resolves problem with ā€œNOā€ key pressed too. Any ideas before sending this back to factory?

I too have just had the ā€œMISSING CAL: PADSā€ error on the new AR Mk2 Black w/ firmware 1.60A, unit had been switched off overnight and when turned on it sat a little longer on a blank screen before showing the version and boot logo etc.

I restarted the device and it booted like normal but pads CH and MT looked like they had been triggered and the LEDs were fading out. It is currently still switched on and seems to be working as it should.

My unit is a little over a week old, it came with 1.60 pre-installed and so far have had no issues. I updated to 1.60A on the day it was released using the latest Elektron Transfer app on Windows.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve had the exact same issue as you on my brand new Rytm MKII, CH and MT LEDs also fade out every time I boot the machine. Have you had any issues with the pads since this happened ?

no mate, no issues at all with the pads that iā€™ve noticed
i have also not seen a repeat of the error message since i posted about it, but the pads glitch is there on every startup still

Well that is good news !

I just had this happen - brand new Rytm mk2 Black - I updated to latest firmware day it arrived.

I turned it on this morning and all the lights briefly flashed then nothing happened.
I waited and waited and still nothing (probs about 30 seconds). I then tapped a pad and the device began to start up, but once it finished booting I got the ā€œMissing Cal: Padsā€ message appearing.

I have tried restarting and it happens like this every single time nowā€¦ :frowning:

EDIT:
Okay wierd - I donā€™t know if related but I just tried this :open_mouth:

1. turned it off
  2. tap a pad (while itā€™s still off!)
  3. turn it on

Now it seems to be fine?
Is there some kind of capacitor that isnā€™t being discharged properly or something and requires a pad to be pressed lol??

Now I seem to be able to turn it on properly without ever tapping pad again.

Strangeā€¦

EDIT2:
Spoke too soon. Itā€™s happening again lol

Mine does it occasionally, I just switch it off and back on without pressing pads
and it works fineā€¦ had it for over a year and still works fine, I wouldnā€™t stress

1 Like

Sadly my issues seem to have gone further- could be unrelated but its weird that today is the first time Iā€™ve had this pad issue and now I see this:

1 Like

Hi all,
I got the error once but just clicked it away and never looked back. I had no hardware issues during that lengthy session. Sometimes the unit freezes, but so does my DN. I suppose itā€™s more of a software defect :wink:. Not planning on sending it in.

Cheers

Well all this has put me off buying one.

1 Like