Analog Rytm MK2 initial impressions

That’s true but if it is a hardware issue it’s a very serious one making these units very unreliable. I can’t have issues like this when I’m on stage…

No one can. Been there done that, computer crashes and all that… I’m an AV technician too. Had a fricking digital audio mixer completely crash just when the band started their first song. Had to take the power cord out before it would boot up again. No good.

I don’t have a Rytm so this is kind of a stretch, but do you have a midi cable plugged in?

I have had weird issues on my DT that only occur when a midi cable is plugged in. I didn’t notice them for a long time because I was using it standalone for a while.

Anyway just a thought…

Nope, issues occur also without midi or USB cables attached.

1 Like

Got mine in and love the new form factor
No issues so far and the pads are way better than on the mk1
I’m able to actually finger drum!!

Anyone know if there is a way to raise sample input levels within the Rytm?
I think not but I figured I’d ask anyway
I tried sampling some Star Trek off my iPad and the theme music came out clear but the dialogue was too low.
I guess I can always run the pad through my mixer if not

i aslo find that the Transfer App is a great improvement be able to drag an organized set of folders hierarchy is convenient… and speed transfer is also improved so ! I restore my library of 1300 sounds in 10 minutes… Try a test of 26000 Single waveform, 6000 was uploaded in less than one hour. I brute stop the task to go to bed… But no bug or crash so far.

all Good… Next Month Overbridge and we’re FINE

4 Likes

One thing that really really puzzled me was that when I imported some 80 samples all of them had lost their file names and they were renamed to 1,2,3 etc. when they appeared in the Rytm! That’s a serious bummer! Why are the original names not kept? This should be the simplest part of a digital transfer process. (Edit: C6 utility) (Edit: SOLVED further down)

C6 or transfer tool?

That was the C6. Has this changed with the Transfer tool?

1 Like

Oh yes it’s preserved everything included Original filenames, Folders hierarchy :wink:
If you drom SAMPLES folder, All the folders exactly as i name it will be upload with sample inside each one… no need to create the hierarchy on the machine itself before.

Drums

Note : Available soon for the MK1

4 Likes

Please check your C6 config or use transfer app. Hints here on the forum.

2 Likes

I am very relieved to hear that! Thanks guys!

2 Likes

Enable “Send SPS-1UW Name” in the C6 options

6 Likes

One thing i’m sure is the upgrading process was pain for me… i miss the RYTM so much…
Glad the wait it’s over :stuck_out_tongue: Internal Resampling is oh mother so damn nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The only device I can compare the pad with is my Akai MPK, but I would say, with regards to stiffness, that the feel of the pads is approximately the same. However the AR pads seem to be harder around the edges, compared to the center, where as the MPKs are more evenly squishy.

I got my AR just before xmas and have not used the pads a lot, but I do agree with your description of the fun factor being lower due to lack of sensitivity adjustment and stiffness of the pads requiring too much pressure in perf mode. On the MPK I had to adjust sensitivity to avoid accidental multiple triggers. I’d love to have this control on the AR (for the opposite reason)

I think I am starting to notice some gradual softening though - which unfortunately means that pad 1 is now more responsive than others that do not get the same amount of action.

I did read a post (forgotten where now) where the guy used a micro fiber cloth to gently rub the pads to remove what he described as a thin wax like coating, with the end result being a slight increase in pad sensitivity. I had some initial problems with sticking pads that resolved on its own, so I was reluctant to try at the time for fear of making it worse, so I didnt try this rubbing thing yet.

Wow, there goes my MkII GAS like a wet fart in the wind…

Was really hoping the pad game was on point :frowning:

I find them way more sensitive than the MkI
I used to have to press really hard for fx and on the MkII the opposite
I can finger drum nicely if I fineness them but if I play too hard then it’s full velocity
I see them as much improved, though not near MPC status

Great news from Elektron Support about the Record button bug!:

“Hi, There have been a few units of the first batch which had this issue, but the new one you will get from Thomann won’t have this. Regards, Martin”

:grinning:

3 Likes

Yesterday I could finally welcome the new family member! Initial impression: great sound and very happy to have read the manual and watched several tutorial dvds before receiving it. Instant fun!

16 Likes

Hahaha now I 'm curious for what your wife looks like :wink:

5 Likes