Analog Rytm MK2 initial impressions

Is that what that error msg means?

I just ordered an ARmkII minutes ago. Fingers crossed that I don’t get a lemon. So far all of my Elektron units have been solid, though.

The bad thing: I had many problems with my A4 mk2, ar mk2, Digitakt
Now I only have one A4 mk2, and I like it a lot
I dont need more elektron

That’s exactly what I said a week ago, and I got a lemon.

I’m not unprepared - I am not selling my MkI until I am confident that my MkII is a good one.

1 Like

My MD and my A4 have both been rock solid, but both the DT and the AR2 I had/have froze. The DT I had locked up permanently. My AR2 can’t decide when it’s going to boot up and when it isn’t.

It sucks but let’s see what happens when they release the new OS’s

What it looks like to me is that the UI part of the system didn’t respond or returned an error on boot.

Mine has locked up twice in two days. No midi sync/notes in, etc. just finger drumming while tweaking the machines and samples.
Can’t replicate it…
Man, elektron, please review your code and get a REAL bug fix release out to your customers who you ‘take care of’. :rage:

1 Like

I’m an first time Mki user that enter the Elektron world in late 2016. Did the mki have such launch issues the first few months after launch in 2013 or 2014? As I am late to the brand and my mki had absolutely no problems besides myself getting used to the Elektron workflow. I was interested previously in Dec 2017 in the mkii, but since hearing all the problems and issues veterans and first time buyers of the mkii rytm are having it sounds like the launch was atrocious? What happened? I’m perfectly fine on the mki, just I am wondering is this a usually Elektron teething process or was this their first major fumble? I did noticed that the other products digikat, octatrack mkii, and heat didn’t have such major issues since I started following the Elektron community. And I can work well with overbridge to an extent with the Elektron hub. What gives Elektron?

The mothership while being upgraded has experienced a problem with their warp drive, and the navigation system seems to be compromised…
We’re hoping Simon and the crew can make the nessecary repairs while life support is still functioning…

1 Like

When traveling FTL, new chassis will require a few jumps before physical compliance. Cylon developed tech may be required for fine tuning.

1 Like

Hopefully the Elektron mothership quickly addresses existing module issues before manufacturing new spacecraft, otherwise passengers may begin to abandon the ship.

MK1 was a lot smoother for sure. But back then product rollouts didn’t happen every 3-6 months

Good to know. I guess the brand is outgrowing the original team and new corporate rollouts.

MY AR MKII wouldn’t boot either. I discovered the fix while I awaited a new one to arrive. Hold down a pad and turn on the power.

Wow, that’s reassuring.

1 Like

I thought I was spared, till now. Last night mine froze. Sound kept playing, pattern running, but all controls were unresponsive. I had to power cycle to get it back.

Ouch. Mine has been ok so far, too.

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday. I was (am) a little nervous, as it was a factory resealed unit. However, everything looks fine and it worked well for the limited time I was able to use it. Alas, I am in the middle of moving house, so I had to box it up for the move almost immediately after receiving it. I have every reason to believe that Elektron will see to any issues that might crop up, though. I suspect (hope) that there will be new versions of the OS and Overbridge by the time my studio is set up in my my new digs.

1 Like