Analog Rytm MK2 & Four MK2 best connection?

What is the best working way to connect the Rytm Mk2 & Four Mk2 to play smooth together? How to set up midi and audio? And wich of both is better to be the master?

Thanks a lot! Cheers! : )

please use the forum search, there are already topics about it.

it is pretty straight forward. din midi cable from out to in. which is master does not matter, because the have the exact same midi functionality. one sends clock and program changes, the other receives it.

audio wise you can run a4 into ar with 2 mono jack to one stereo jack cable. this way you can use the rytms compressor for the a4 signal too…

2 Likes

Thank you! I used the forum search before, but didn’t found a straight topic to this…

the info can be a little scattered.

i just checked, as you are on mk2 units, the audio cable needed is two mono jacks on each end. there are also setup examples in the manuals, i think…

if you have the basics going, there are a few more exciting possibilities…

just try it and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask…

2 Likes

ok cool, thanks! i will ask for that : ) Only for teasing and for a pique, do you have an example for this exciting possibilities : )))

sure, for example:

connect the a4 headphone out to the ar sampling input: this way you can sample sounds from a4, and if you connect other signals to a4 audio in, you can also sample those signals, even with a4 effects or thru an a4 voice circuit… all for quick sampling in the rytm

a4 has four cv outputs plus a cv sequencer… ar and a4 have two cv ins each, which can control various parameters…

you can control the performance macros of ar from a4 and vice versa:

also you could send two individual voices from ar to a4 in, process them and feed them back in the ar…

the possibilities are very deep, nearly endless, i think…

3 Likes

thank you! i will try this! : )

for bidirectional midi you obviously have to use two din midi cables from in to out and out to in and be careful with the midi settings…

1 Like