Analog Rytm MK1: repair pads that lost sensitivity

Hi, I just bought an Analog Rytm MK1 in very good condition, the only thing I notice is that some of the pads (BD1, SD2) have noticely less sensitivity than the others.

Can you tell if this is something that can be fixed somehow? Maybe changing the carbon sheet?

I already wrote to Elektron but I really want to avoid sending my unit to Sweden (I’m in Spain).

Thanks in advance!

hi @Edu and welcome to the forum :smiley:
there’re few things that could be responsible for that, one of those being how often one or more pads have been used, i would suggest to have a look at this thread, you might find something in there

1 Like

Thanks Guga! I’ll check that thread out !

Great! Very detailed, thank you very much !!

I’ll get the carbon sheet replacement and clean the area as mentioned. Will tell you guys how it went.

Thanks again !!

I’m gonna add that this fixed my other pad issues. :smiley:

I was having issues with certain pads (mainly HT 8) either not allowing me to select that track / pad, or getting stuck once selected meaning I could not select another pad/track.

After following @plastic_pizza’s instructions, taking the unit apart and cleaning the contacts the issue is completely resolved.
The pads also seem more sensitive as well although this could be placebo.

Thanks psychic :pizza: just saved me a decent repair bill .

3 Likes

Hey I’m feeling a little thick here,
but I can’t seem to find @plastic_pizza instructions for a pad fix in this thread.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in and say I bought a used Rytm with some pad issues (many were completely unresponsive) and tonight I opened it up, cleaned the carbon sheet, blew it all out with compressed air and hey presto, it works like new. :wink:

2 Likes

Not done a AR before but done other pads. All it needed was a good clean, espesh on the pcb. Some IPA great for this

1 Like

Congratulations :handshake:

1 Like