Analog RYTM fried

I was transfering sounds via usb/C6 & all of a sudden my machine was making screeching/lo fi sounds as if being fried. Which it appears to be. Reformatted & rebooted by no joy
Any ideas?

even though c6 is not great, I doubt it can kill your Rytm - what happens if you turn it on? Disconnect all things from it except power…

Did you use the right power cord?

Fires up as per usual, looks OK but when you hit a pad…fried crunchy sound.
Im new to it & had been doing the Cuckoo tutorial, it had been working fine for about an hour or so then as soon as I hit send on the C6 app…Boom!

I’ve got the Heat, I could’ve mixed them up as they look exactly the same…they were both working fine.

Hmm…
not sure but someone did this before and had mixed the power cords with similar results

1 Like

Checked, both machines are the same 12v 2A

1 Like

what happens if you load a different project, for example the factory demo project?

3 Likes

OK this is weird, just did exactly that& now it’s totally fine!
Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it!

AR psu should be 2.5A btw

The ends that plug into Rytm and Heat (as opposed to the wall side) are different on my two power adapters

Heat PSU is 12 V, 2000 mA (PSU-3b)
Rytm PSU is 12 V, 2500 mA (PSU-3)

So the Heat PSU doesnt have enough juice for the Rytm. Analog Four/Analog Rytm can share the same PSU, no problem. They are identical.

same on mine, just checked it. So i start to wonder how the OP was able to switch them …

He wasn’t. I suggested it bc some with OT have done this

Edit, I have no heat