AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I am pretty sure you can kinda do this already - on A4 at least, if you hold trig and press the lit mini key it will audition the locks at the right pitch … if you hit wrong key it will reprogram the pitch … must explore this on the AR side as it won’t be so straightforward - this path will be easiest for AK users

2 Likes

Haven’t read whole thread, so not sure whether it’s mentioned.
I would like custom randomisation at the press of a button.
Preferably able to choose whether it randomises all, pattern trigs, pattern length, machine type, machine parameters etc. etc.
Although randomisation can be introduced with trig conditions etc this is still a completely different thing, and not as instantly affective as simply pressing a button for something completely new.
My favourite sequencers have forms of randomisation, as its cool just randomising till you come up with something interesting, then tweaking from there.
Great for those moments of ‘writers block’.
Never know what your gunna get next, and lots of ideas emerge.

4 Likes

You can do this with the Strom app already?

3 Likes

Yeah I know but don’t want to use my iPad
Shouldn’t have to use an external device.
Wanting it within the machine :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! Why didn’t I realize this before… Works with Rytm as well using the pads (both in normal and chromatic mode)–the only downside is that the trig velocity is of course affected using this method. Nevertheless, thanks!

2 Likes

Machines from the machinedrum available trx, pi, efm

5 Likes

yeh don’t count on this being implemented in the Rytm itself though…

Now that would be insanely good and make the AR even more of a monster machine, but I doubt there’s enough DSP left for it. Nonetheless, a firm +1 from me, especially if these could be used on any track like the noise and impulse machines!

I’ve glanced through and have not seen this…

Not exactly sure how it would be done, but the ability to decouple track & pattern…

So I could have BD kit sound from pattern A1, but then have ONLY BD play the BD pattern from A2 for example…

I can “kind of” do what I want by using trigger mutes, but it’s kind of a PITA…

I guess basically it would be pattern per track…

BD plays pattern A1
SD plays pattern F6
etc.

This kind of mix & match would be an AMAZING way for me to NEVER leave the house. :slight_smile:

But… prob. impossible because of the architecture (PAT:KIT = 1:1) as it is now. :frowning:

I’ve sampled all the factory kits of the MachineDrum UW :wink:

1 Like

Here’s a few :slight_smile:

• “Advanced Sampler” machine which can read, scrub and slice drum loops.
  • “Live sampler” Just like the dedicated sampler except it reads the external audio inputs into a looping buffer, could have granular mode and save off samples.
  • “LFO” machine which adds 2 basic, sequence able LFOs which can be assigned to a number of useful destinations.
  • “Thru” machine to re-route external audio inputs to 2 separate machines for assignment in RYTM voices.
  • “USB” machine, similar to previous except RYTM changes to a class compliant device mode, allowing it to act as a basic audio device (for iPads and such) with two mono outputs exposed which allow apps to output directly into a RYTM channel without Overbridge. A possible advantage of class compliant mode for RYTM could be tighter midi sync with the host device?
  • Something with using the dedicated sample voice to apply an additional level of FM mod to the analog voice could also be interesting.

Great thread!

3 Likes

The Audio Inputs are fully analog all the way towards the Mains via compressor - these FRs can not happen, never, no AD
iirc

1 Like

If you have an OT, you could probably capture this by sending midi controls to the AR and making the midi tracks “Plays Free” not only that, but with the ACTUAL sequencer of the AR, the fills, and the one-shot trigs you could have about 5 different patterns to choose from on a voice starting out!

Actually, if you just use all the midi tracks for the AR you have an additional 7 different patterns starting out 12 to select for a certain pattern

thats actually pretty smart! … cant believe I havent noticed yet!

1 Like

…but what about a machine at this ‘late’ stage of the RYTM sound path??

some kind of Audiophile LFO, or clear Granular.

edit. if you replace the FX machines parameter wise you could easily bring up more LFOs and such… would be like the delay machine copies the LFO parameter. at least we need just more software engineering to the units UI. good sounding engines are finally there.

Haven’t read whole thread, so not sure whether it’s mentioned.
I would like custom randomisation at the press of a button.
Preferably able to choose whether it randomises all, pattern trigs, pattern length, machine type, machine parameters etc. etc.
Although randomisation can be introduced with trig conditions etc this is still a completely different thing, and not as instantly affective as simply pressing a button for something completely new.
My favourite sequencers have forms of randomisation, as its cool just randomising till you come up with something interesting, then tweaking from there.
Great for those moments of ‘writers block’.
Never know what your gunna get next, and lots of ideas emerge.

+1000. Was going to write a feature request for this (smart custom Randomization features) but you’ve said exactly what I was thinking of writing. Thanks!

Yeah doesn’t look like it will happen unfortunately
Ableton / Max 4 Live is best for this

This is not exactly what you describe, but another suggestion for randomness :

Add an option to the conditional trig named RND

When this is active, a P-Lock on that trig does not apply an absolute value to a parameter. Instead, a random value between the actual parameter value and the P-Locked value is calculated each time the trig is played.

What if the trig has more than one p-lock?

1 Like