AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Fine.

:cb_m::cb_o::cb_r::cb_e::cb:

9 Likes

did i mentioned it already? Free the LFOs from their tracks, let us assign an LFO from any track to any parameter on any track - like it works on the Machinedrum. That would be awesome! Im sure i mentioned that, im sure. But i cant stress this enough :wink:

[edit] and i actually found my comment in the linked thread from 2014. I had another wish, i just copy it now:

Total Amount of Locks for all Scenes and Performances should be globally limited to 6144 per Project instead of 48 per kit. Would be more flexible if you need more locks in one track than the other one.

Yeah this, and freely assignable LFOs. Make me happy Elektron, would ya?! :smiley:

4 Likes

To @Ess : :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell: :cow::bell:

Haven’t tried to FM each parameter of each machine I found that with compressor alone you can drastically change the sound of a single track… And I love it when in gets in modular territory with Pulse machine…

Hi Ben, is it the low end of the kick(s) you mainly want to temper?

no, the opposite all other track to filter the mudiness. I use the filter mostly for plock modulation.

I suppose there is no hope of getting a second LFO altogether. In lieu of that, it’d be nice if the routing was fleshed out a bit more. I like the comment above about unlocking LFOs from their respective tracks, that way you could route a few LFOs to a single track for more modulation opportunities on a single sound.

2 Likes

Once again, I beg for a feature found in the OM but still not in the OS: Retrig Quantization!!! Should I stop waiting? Please Elektron just say so!!

2 Likes

Well then my suggestion would be to use the BD out for your kicks, assuming you don’t pan these.
Put an external eq/filter on the master.

1 Like

please increase total locks limit for scene and performance modes
48 is not enough

2 Likes

yes thought of that too. but i fixed it otherwise. My elektrons stereo out -> DB2 mixer/soundcard -> ableton live Multiband Comp -> Mid Side EQ -> gives me a very good result WOW now I 'm thinking about buying the analog heat for enhancement or boost the master bus :smiley:

1 Like

EXACTLY
:wink:

I have another request. I would love for scenes to be able to control TRC. Turn the TRC knob and the options for scene 1-12 and those trigs will only play when scene is active.

3 Likes

I’d love it if the sample Fine Tune parameter could also be used to increment/decrement the Tune parameter when going beyond the -64 to +63 range.

For example: If Tune is set to +3 and Fine Tune is set to +63, incrementing the Fine Tune would then result in Tune being +4 and Fine Tune being -64.

As for what happens when Fine Tune is a modulation destination, just leave that as it currently is (i.e. modulation index range is still restricted to 127 steps, relative to the current fine tune setting).

1 Like

Let me prelude my request by saying there is a vast amount of fun, potential for live performance tricks, and transition ability in the direct change feature. Just a lot of fun there. Holding down the button and playing the sequencer buttons like a keyboard triggering each scene immediately from the beginning. Just a blast. Well done, Elektron!

Now for the request. I think it would be awesome for the Analog series to couple this ability with a greater ease by holding, I don’t know, potentially “YES+pattern bank” and the pattern bank stays open and you can, with the utmost ease, trigger patterns as though you were playing a monophonic. Wouldn’t that be cool? I think that would be cool. And if you had the A4 being controlled by the AR it folllows the selected pattern sequence. REALLY cool. My cover of “My Milkshake Brings All The Boys to the Yard” could FINALLY be complete!

And I want to end this request by thanking the fine people at Elektron for this excellent device. I’m embarrassed to say that I considered selling it. It’s like dub techno in a box. And I love dub techno. I’m sure you could hit other genres with it. But I love that it’s got that DEEP, SPACE, and DEEP SPACE in it. Really cool. And I’ve got my finger on the trigger for that junkyard soundpack, because who doesn’t love noise.

Thanks and godspeed, Elektron!

6 Likes

+1 for the multiple trig select idea. My vote would be the function button to hold while selecting trigs.

1 Like

Ha that’s exactly what i use it for, dub techno, and i have been using the junkyard since day one a year ago. Check out some AR dubtechno with junkyard sounds: https://soundcloud.com/kizigarden/sets/cooptrol-kenjataimu-kzg020

2 Likes

It’s SO GOOD for dub! Your music’s making me want to buy that soundpack so bad! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I use it for Dub Techno too. I really wish we could MIDI sequence a little desktop synth. Just to send a simple minor triad chord would be awesome!

I know this has been a request since the dawn of time. Not holding my breath. Sure as hell would simplify my studio though. I know they want us to just buy an A4 for that, but I simply don’t like the sound of stabs on the A4. :disappointed_relieved:

Some would say just use stab samples, but for Dub Techno I like to evolve the chord/stab sounds over the entire track via synth knob twiddling. Samples are cool but not great for that.

3 Likes

Yeah, their latest grooveboxes don’t play well with others :frowning:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: A4 Feature Request