AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I’d like to see higher precision trim capabilities for start and end points on samples. That would be much nicer than monkeying around in the computer and waiting for the uploading to finish. It could even be assigned to modifier button as not to break the way it currently works. Copying this here from the conversation thread: Inability to fine-tune starting point is super inconvenient

3 Likes

An idea for better and more complex fills: Snapback pattern option.

The idea is that you can set a pattern to snapback, and it will automaticly jump back to the previous pattern when it gets to the end. This will especially be useful if you have other gear in the chain that needs focus during the fill, because it is very difficult keeping your mind on several machines at the same time.

2 Likes

DAMNIT elektron,

please give us a extra digital HPF or a cut <150 hz or something like that per track, it would make life easier and make my mix a lot clearer. Really pissed for this. I only use the main stereo outs because of the panning automation/lfo I do (I play live). Pfff :stuck_out_tongue:

No rumors about this?

Sorry, the signalpath from the analog sounds is fully analog (unless using OB), right up to the master outs. Any digital sections are only added to the analog signalpath ie. there is not a single AD “insert” conversion on the AR when used standalone (only “aux” type AD for the delay & reverb). So your request doesn’t sound possible I’m afraid.

fwiw I use the hipass filters for getting rid of excess lowend. In the case of using more complex sounds that requre other filtermodes in addition to this, resampling is the way.

I would like to have volume automating in the sequencer… in song mode. With user definable envelopes. That would solve a lot of issues for me. Also scene setting per pattern in song mode would be cool.

I agree with speed multipliers per track! I also would like a “reload all Kits” type option so once Im done playing a set I can zero all kits back to their save point in one shot.

4 Likes

I thought if you don’t save them, they’ll reset to their saved state once you reboot the Rytm?

1 Like

Better sample management ie directly via USB (like the OT) and not sysex.

Effective copy/paste of kits and sounds to include samples when kits are moved.

Back up or sysex dump to include samples.

3 Likes

This may have been mentioned already but Tempo saved to kits or at least Songs.

3 Likes

Like all the above :slight_smile:

when editing (filter,EG, …) a track,show a name of the sound albeit only short in the screen when using [function] + [pad] instead of only the pad number ie “A1” which I find confusing for which sound I want to edit.

When you select a Sound to Edit it already does show the sound name

Track + Pad is the way to select a Track and when you select a track it will flash up the name

3 Likes

I didn’t notice that but I shall try this out.
Tnx

I think it will be nice to make it possible to switch patterns from the scene mode. So a scene can switch from one pattern to the other. I dont really use my patterns, id love to use them for advanced fills

1 Like

Yes, I see it now :thumbsup:
But as I’m only playing the presets (for the moment) it only shows “Sound1” on track 1, and so on.
Reading the manual it is possible to rename this.

I don’t get that. Elektron made, this way, a specific and consistent place on your Rytm to use 100% for its divine sample playback capabilities - what track are you going to sacrifice otherwise for that, the kick?

No, I am very thankful for this cowbell. There should be a law - no drum machine without one.

K

1 Like

Make it two. You say cowbell I say more.

2 Likes

We need a cowbell only competition.

1 Like

Post it here, then :

@elektronauts we need a cowbell icon !
:smile:

EDIT : there was this “Dual cowbell” submission for last Science Lab Challenge, the track was awesome…
Can’t find it though.

@Ess :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love the conditional trigs, but they are severely limiting my fill options. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the ability to create a few different fills for a pattern and the power to choose which one plays?

I would like an option for fills to overwrite any existing trigs in a pattern. Often I have a randomized snare hit with a short retrig at the end of a pattern, but if I want to create a fill using that same step, but in a different way I have no option.

3 Likes