Analog rytm and reason

Hi!

I got an analog rytm and my main daw is reason. Do you have a tip how to record the individual usb audio out of the AR to reason?

And do you have some overall tips to use reason and the AR together?

Thx, Jan

I think it will show up as a sound card via overbridge. You don’t need the vst for that.

1 Like

@TipovanScoop

First set up Overbridge through the Elektron Overbridge plugin

If just using Reason just go into preferences, audio device and pick AR either bit accurate or core audio (I’m on a Mac might be a little bit different for PC?) and you will be able to record the audio

If you want to use Midi from Reason to the AR just use the external Midi instrument and select AR

1 Like

you beat me to it, yes you are correct

1 Like

Patchworx, OB Analog Rytm and Loopback to Reason (Mac) :
I guess you should succeed with Patchwork from Bluecat in standalone mode. Open up OB inside.
Route audio to Reason by Rogue Amoeba “Loopback” software. If you’re not on a Mac find something to replace Loopback (it’s built on soundflower source code)

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

My way is more expensive but then should use for plenty of things and have full control on Overbridge, get better sync timing rather than passing audio through the sound card capabilities of the AR

TRY with demo version of bluecoat and Loopback and then, if it works solid for you then you do what you have to do

OK I tried and it’s works very nicely

First you setup Overbridge Panel. Then you choose your sample buffer and don’t forget to make the same in Loopback, Bluecat Patchworx and Reason

Then you create an instance in Loopback called Virtual AR, you set channel mapping in Manual mode and add 8 Mono channel to complete the Stereo pair automatically created.

Then you open Patchworx, open OB VST or AU, Set the VST in 2in 16outs and going to general preference you choose Virtual AR as outputs.

Open Reason and Record your multi tracks. Pay attention to one thing I do not go for this exemple with sync I simply put sync in OB on OFF hit records in REASON and hit PLAY on Analog RYTM. BUT you should have access to OB plugins via PATCHWORX and you can of course make modulations, working as expected… There’s surely a way to route the SYNC via MIDI IAC driver on Mac or something but I do not have time to investigate that part.

Thank you very much for the answers. Will try it later. Greetings from Hamburg, germany

2 Likes

Ok, i tried different solutions. The only one that kind of worked on windows 10 was asio4all.
With asio4all my audio interface and the AR are shown as inputs in reason, which is great.

But for some strange reasons the AR only shows the first 2 channels, Bassdrum and snare even though in the elektron hub all 8 AR channels are activated

If all 8 channels of the AR would work in asio4all , it would solve my problem.
Hmmm, does anybody know how to get more then these two channels of the AR in asio4all?

But if I do that I cannot hear other synths plugged to the main sound interface. Is this possible to have both interface at the same time? (just Like I do on Ableton with Overbridge)

Thanks,

Hey not at the studio computer at the moment but pretty sure if you are on a Mac its easy to set up an aggregate audio device with both, let me know if you need help

If your on a PC i am not too sure

cheers

Actually I have just replace the Mac by a PC at the studio (Off topic: Great decision) and I have next to no knowledge on how Windows 10 works but if it’s possible on Mac it should be the same on PC. I’ll digg it and update this thread, thanks for your input.