Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

These new OS updates are great. Kudos to the crew at Elektron HQ.

I fully expected OS updates at some point, but not the day after the announcement of the new machines. SWEET.

The OS update says the new content isn’t available for Mk1 or Keys.

However, I don’t see what’s to stop someone from, on the MkII, getting their updated factory patterns and kits after a factory reset and exporting a SysEx for us old Mk1/Keys users…

maybe there’s a reason they said it’s not available for mk1 or keys…? :thinking:

do you want a :brick: or a functioning machine?

I bought an AR a couple weeks ago and I’m so glad somebody bought the last unit and they were out of stock when I ordered it. Now I’ll be getting this beauty! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Changing the color was a horrible decision imo!

1 Like

the Mk1 A4 has different distortion and filter tweaks to the later A4 - some sounds/patterns would not have the same impression that the designer/programmer intended

The Mk1 analog ARs are the same, so those can have access -so it’s not an age thing, it’s about spec and a courtesy to the content creators

As Aventronica said:

So they may not sound ‘as intended’ but they will work. The feature set of the OS for sound settings is identical, they just don’t sound the same on a Mk1/Keys as they do on a MkII.

1 Like

gotcha :+1:

just don’t want to see anyone breaking their machine. hopefully the patches still sound good with the hardware differences.

My grey AR MKII has a power supply issue and I setup an exchange with my retailer but had to wait because they were out of stock, which makes sense now.

I guess the grey has been discontinued and is not on the site so I have to pay $100 for a color change. Better have fixed the damn power supply issue on this box because the machine not starting for a few minutes straight half the time is inexcusable.

1 Like

Can’t please everyone.

1 Like

Yes i know! But was ppl predominantly unsatisfied with the previous color?
Maybe now they just want to reach to those that left behind, that were unsatisfied.

Little bit confused… Only color changes or did they made also tech changes for A4 MK2?

None

5 Likes

Its hard to say exactly. The components may alter if they had problems with previous batch, but until someone opens one up to compare nobody knows. The sensors in the pads may have been modified. Again we have to wait and see from public reviews.

or elektron lets us know more details

In the beginning there were a few ppl saying nay, but that settled after a while.
I think same will happen here as well. It´s just the case color, nothing important. Even if it would have been orange, i would have bought one. It´s the tool and how i use it.
Sound, accessability (UI) are more important IMHO.

Yeah I’m just joshing around. Probably not even the same people that were complaining.

I guess the Behringer shtick doesn’t work well for high end original instruments, even just one other color.

RD-6 has 10 colors out the gate.

Come on Elektron! I want every color in the 128 Crayola crayon pack available.

Where is my Burnt Sienna A4 and Rytm?!?!?!?!?!

8 Likes

Maybe Elektron could offer both, the black and the grey models? Like Moog is doing now with the new Dark Series Grandmother and Matriarch.

2 Likes