Analog Rytm + Ableton question

Same experience to @Monopete
it’s not a simple function. as far as you want to introduce some exotic timing and groove in your music and still want to keep the Laptop in your Live Setup. it’s like an essential piece of gear. it’s something you can trust in both LIVE and STUDIO and for both Audio and Midi to get all tight.

Everything is expensive but at the end i prefer to have less gear but a sync box and only 2-3 gear and get everything in place and forget this subject.

Not to mention the simple solution from ERM could solve your issue, maybe you don’t need 4 midi standalone clock but just the midiclock from ERM and a MIDI Thru box to pass your SYNC along your gear… (Analog Rytm, Pulse2, VirusTI, Blofeld and Nord hooked to Ableton) it should solve your issue for only 189 euro

TRY it and RETURN it if it’s not enough powerfull

Not if he want Ableton as Master. And its terrible as slave.

1 Like

OK i do not know this little thing. only know Multiclock, Acme4 and SyncGen
But people told me this little one should work so… i try to suggest an economical solution to test and return if it’s not fix timing issue…

Expert sleepers USAMO is less expensive too i think… you seem to have a plugin and offset knob from the plugin
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/usamousermanual.html

1 Like

thank you all for help and really useful suggestions. Now I understand this audio in - midi clock combination. So, It looks like I must accept the fact that I need additional piece of equipment (including a thunderbolt usb hub that need due to shortage in usb ports :confused: )
Maybe it possible to make patch for Nord Micro Modular that can translate audio in to midi clock? :stuck_out_tongue: This may not be a bad idea…

I still don’t understand why my other clock dependent hardware instruments (Pulse2, Virus, Nord Micro) have no clock issue? So, my doubt on AR is justified I think

Your mentioned synths don´t have sequencers. I can´t speak how it is to sequence hardware synths with ableton. All my hardware boxes have own sequencers and they have to slave to ableton´s midi-clock if you don´t have a sync-box. Here I experience the sloppy timing and the often mentioned midi jitter. But you have to try yourself. There are people out there that just simply sync like that and are happy. I am wondering how they do it or they just don´t care. But if there would be a good solution to sync his sequencers with ableton than there would be no room in the market for such boxes.

If you are using other external hardware, you may be best using Ableton as a midi sequencer and use the AR Dsp effects rack to make your patterns in Ableton.

1 Like

hm, your whole gear has (DAW-)clock issues, try synced delays or arps and somtimes it drives you mad. As Virus (TI) and the Elektrons are synced via VST their time is indeed rock solid. Sync over USB or USB-midi-inferface will always cause trouble, somtimes within a few bars, somtimes in minutes. The computer based (DAW-)clock is a nightmare at least when a second synth comes in.

As mentioned above the ERM is imho the only way to get rif of it beacuse its (AFAIK) the only product using VST-Audio-Clock-Sync. Have a look at its manual, there are a lot of useful information about sync, timing, clock and jitter.

1 Like

they have arpeggios, but indeed no sequencers, except Nord Modular whose some patches has sequencer built in, but i dont remember that I used them.

yes, this is also the option, but no plocks then.

the latest situation is: when Virus TI vst is removed the syncronization is much more stable and predictive (im sending clock via midi only, because im trying to reduce usb connections as much as possible). even my live act set has constant clock delay on 40ms, tweaked it a lot and it is stable. So, the issue is resolved in short-term, but in the long run i must go towards external midi clock (because I need Virus VST to browse my external banks). ERM is really far to expensive, so ill probably think of mentioned Usamo. But firstly ill try to make audio in to midi clock patch for Micro Nord.

I have a Virus ti2 also and it works fine in Ableton with Overbridge (have to do my track sample record out of the main outs thru the AR though, the quality is better), but if I were using another external audio device, I might run them all thru midi and a mixer.

1 Like

I have no clue why, but the TI is sendig clock-data even if its clock mode is switched to ‘auto’ (and should be synced via VST).

This one here is an interesting device:

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/mio10

I just tried DSP effect rack. in fact, I reshaped and simplified it for midi connection (without overbridge) and for triggering notes only. it works perfectly in means of syncronisation. no plocks, but there are still Scenes and Performance options. and, muting of channel via AR is not working when notes are triggered from ableton, unfortunately…

That’s because the Rytm Mute page only mutes sequencer events.

I got this and yes, perhaps it made my midi clock tighter, but still it did not perform good enough to sync my setup (ableton, monomachine, analog rytm, tempest and more…). I got a innerclock sync-gen for that purpose and now it´s rock solid sync. However, unfortunately one needs to have a soundcard with a pair of outputs free to be able to use it.
Anyone; for simpler purposes the midiclock+ might be handy though, still have mine fs, will ship it anywhere in EU. Lemme know.

1 Like

Anyway people can find a music shop with 30-60 days money back and TEST which solution is the best… regarding ERM because I think the other ACME and SYNC GEN are not distribute everywhere. (Plus SyncGen is not produced anymore so… might find a second hand or go ERM or ACME4 for the next years to come I guess)

I had first SYNCGEN (sold it) and then ACME4 (sold it) : both are rock solid SYNC box.
(Sold because OB working for me… but there’s too much movement with Apple updates and time to get OB updates so I will get the ERM Multiclock and probably stick with it quite some times, I hope I will be satisfied as well as with ACME4 and not regret to sold it couple of month ago… thought)

What are you referring to? Usamo?

Sorry, i was responding to William_WiLD regarding the E-RM MIDIclock+, should have made that clear.
Re William; yes i agree, test before you buy. With the Innerclock products that can be hard, though. But still it´s possible to buy directly from the manufacturer, when checking i see the sync-gen 2 is available, the first gen is not however. But i have gen 2 and it´s great!

And what about this? http://shaduzlabs.com/blog/24/a-free-plugin-for-all-your-clock-needs.html