Analog keys sequencer midi out

Hi guys, I wonder if any of you can answer a question. The Keys has 4 tracks a FX track and a CV track and all can be sequenced with parameter locks. With all this power within this synth’s sequencer why didn’t Elektron add midi out for the sequencer and how do you record you sequences in you DAW? Am I missing something I should know?

That’s a frequently asked question with a straightforward answer: I think Elektron would like you to buy an Octatrack for Midi sequencing duties, the A4/AKs sequencer can only be used to control the internal synth engines. What you can do, though if I’m not mistaken (don’t have an AK) is to use the AKs keys as a Midi controller and route it through your DAW and back to the AK to record Midi sequences.

1 Like

To be honest, yes, please search the forum for all the most commonly asked questions (this comes up a lot) … develop those threads rather than restarting the same old thread topics time and again …

It does not sequence MIDI, it probably never will

Some people use CV to MIDI boxes, but basically, all the wealth of previous discussion on this (and Electron’s decision) is elsewhere - we don’t really need to create a new thread

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?expanded=true&q=midi%20sequence%20external%20%20%23elektron-gear%3Aanalog-four

That’s cynical and wrong imho - in theory you could buy any other MIDI sequencer - clearly they want streamlined focussed products - simple