Analog Keys problem

Hi,

I have an Analog Keys that has some slight problem with its keyboard and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction to getting it sorted. The keyboard is sometimes unresponsive on a group of keys from the lowest G down. It seems to be relieved if I lift the unit up slightly from the front left corner so I am wondering if there is an internal connection problem somehow. in the bad old days, different parts of the keyboards used different connections (thinking of Ensoniq). I haven’t opened up yet …

Any ideas?

I am unable to create a ticket with support for some reason despite filling out all the fields.

I’ve had the same problem and have previously seen discussions of this, so it’s very unlikely just your machine.

I’ve found that those seemingly ‘dead’ keys do just start working after a bit, and as it only happens occasionally I’ve not bothered addressing it.

Yeh mine will be OK for ages and then start missing again for a day or two and and then it’s OK again. Not a major deal but just frustrating enough that I want to get it sorted.

I take it back, it’s starting to piss me off now and I would like to be able to contact Elektron about the best way to get it fixed but I can’t submit a support ticket. What gives?

How are you creating the ticket? I just logged into elektron.se, went to ‘contact support’ under account, and get a ‘create a ticket’ form to complete for a new ticket.

https://www.elektron.se/gb/my-account/contact-support

go to the above address and login (it will say unauthorised until you do)

Replacement keybed is around £60 btw. Don’t know about repair and round trip delivery cost though.

1 Like

Sounds a bit obvious but it could be something as simple as a poorly seated connector if the keyboard is connected via a ribbon cable or similar? Could be worth a look?

Yeh I wondered that too. I was finally able to submit a ticket—don’t know what the problem was previously— so I’ll see what they say

1 Like

I ordered a replacement keybed a while ago, only because the keys from the used AK were a little yellow.

Replacement was easy. It is really easy to take the upper “body” off the synth except you have to be careful for the aftertouch connector which I believe is right underneath the pitch/mod stick. Would be a good idea to just take it off and reseat the connectors on both ends. Just lift the body up very slowly and look into it to find the small connector that has to be disconnected (and unfortunately reconnected afterwards) before you can take it off. There might be other connectors as well but I do not remember

just found this:

1 Like

Great, thanks for the link! There a thousand screws on the back so I’m not looking forward to that.