Analog Keys Overbridge Ableton Live Workflow

So I am trying to wrap my head around having a smart workflow for creating songs but also performing in one big live set using the AK, Overbridge and Ableton. I now have all kinds of songs in different projects, in a completely random fashion. Some of them I would like to use in my liveset. I would like to use something like total recall to have my AK go back to my beginning state and save changes I’ll add to my set.

for example: So I start on A01 -> create a pattern A01 -> save kit 1 name it A01 -> Use program change in ableton with number 1

Do you guys have any recommendations on how to set this up?
Can I just copy my patterns to another project using the copy function?
Should I use the same project for both writing and performing?
Should I save my kit every time before changing to another kit using the program change?

Always save your kit if you make changes. If you’re not sure, save it to a new slot. Make the shortcut second nature.

I work all in one project and save to a new name as I delete or make big changes or mark a milestone or have a big gig I want a time capsule of. The different banks will be a scratch area or a live set all in a row or a song or whatever. I write it down so I don’t have to memorize. The area rage of moving one project around is the sound pool moves with you. You can move these back and forth via sysex if you like.

I save the kit to the number corresponding to the pattern. Install tabla rasa from the files section to make this easy.

Copy and paste between projects blows. See if sending sysex to your computer does the job for you.

I don’t use ob but that might make all of this easier.

Hey RoyShade,

Thanks for the reply, this is super useful! I’ve been struggling with how to manage my patterns and kits in an organized fashion. I will go ahead and use that tabla rasa as well! I think that might make it all a lot more organized. .