Analog Keys optimum use

Hello everyone,

I’m using the (recently bought) AK as a synth playing live with some artists. Really happy with it. So far I’ve been using it with this way :

• every repertoire is a different project
  • every kit for a different “song”
  • every track for a different sound

Until now i’ve been fine with 4 synths sound and changing kits between songs but im not usin the whole sequencer/multimap potential at all …

What would be the best workflow ? Using multimap and splitting sounds so i can have all the sounds I want and not be limited to 4 per songs ? Is the global multimap setting overriding the kit/track assignation ?

Sorry if this comes as unclear ^^’

+++

I love using the joystick with custom settings. Very dynamic and organic sounding!

AK manual page 54: “One multi map setting is stored for each global slot, which means 4 different keyboard maps per project can be used”
Not sure if that would be useful to you. The good thing about multimap is how flexible the assignments can be, you can trigger patterns, sounds, external synths thru midi, etc and you can assign up to 128 unique actions.

Depends on use case -

I use multiple kits for variations and parameter locks to combine sounds -
eg one pattern might look like…

trk1 - kick and bass
trk2 -hihats and noise/snares
trk3 - fx/cymbals
trk4 - leads/stabs

I don’t really create songs as such. I create a range of patterns I can play live with. Over time I expect to have a few largish projects with many kits in each.