Analog keys newbie few questions

Hi

Just got an Analog Keys and while I delve into the manual and do some basic exploring

I have a few questions

1. Just upgraded to 1.50, all went fine. I created a few nice sounds that I’d like to backup on computer as the machine was filled with previous owner’s sounds, and would like to start from factory settings with my few new presets : will a factory reset put me back on 1.40?

2. Is sysex dump the only way to transfer presets back and forth, or possible through transfer app?

Thanks for any info

Best

1. No, it will not. It will also not delete any sounds from the previous owner. A factory reset simply restores the factory content, but doesn’t touch user stuff. When you want to clear everything you’ll need to format the +drive and afterwards execute a factory reset to restore the presets.

2. The transfer app is sufficient to backup and restore user content.

Factory presets cannot be backup’d this way. They are part of the firmware.

1 Like

Thanks @tnussb, helpful

About the Transfer app how do I send singular sounds from the AK to the computer? I don’t see any options from within the app.

When you want to access sounds separately you need to export them first from a project to the +drive. Use “copy to +drive” from within the sound manager.

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: will try

Best

I copied my sounds to the +Drive

However in the Transfer app it is an empty screen showing

With my Model:Samples I can see the folders and subfolders, but here it just says « Drop files here (only .syx)

It seems I can only use the app to transfer to the Analog Keys, but not retrieve data from it to the computer?

Tried with C6 and succeeded

Turns out Analog Keys was transmitting MIDI only through MIDI and not USB or MIDI+USB

Thanks for the fast replies !