Analog Keys gig bag?

Glad I was able to help! :slight_smile:

In looking for a hard case that I would be comfortable checking in as undercarriage for an airline, I found this one.

Seems strong yet light.
Wheels too. 13.6lbs

Also, for some reason, I suspect airport baggage personnel is probably somewhat more careful with a firearm case than an average bag, if only subconsciously. Especially one that has a badge in the middle reading ā€œLOADED GEARā€

Iā€™ve come across more hard cases that would work.

Pelican 1700,

Seems great if youā€™re going to fly and check the case as undercarriage luggage. Itā€™s smaller than the 60 combined inches threshold that most airlines have for tacking on extra fees for ā€œoversizedā€ checked luggage. The Pelican Storm of similar size exceeds that threshold. Also, custom cut foam is always going to be great protection for your gear from baggage handlers. Lightweight, too. Only 17lbs w/ foam. Also has wheels.

However, Iā€™m particularly interested in DJ controller hard cases, as they are very similar sized, and often the lids are removable, giving you two pieces to use as risers on a table, or surfaces with keyboard stands, for your AK and other gear as well. Using both sides of the case as risers is appealing to me, as a tall person with a herniated L2 disc. I hate having to crouch at a gig. Sadly, few of these cases have wheels so some may require a small folding luggage dolly as theyā€™ll be at between 36lbs and 52lbs w/ AK-37 inside, depending on the caseā€¦

DJ Controller Cases that fit the bill, measurement wise:

ProX XS-DDJSX. Really most any case that can hold the Pioneer DDJ-SX will do, as the length and width narrowly exceed the AK-37ā€™s dimensions, just check the height clearance with the lid, as it is a somewhat short controller. This one has foam risers inside the base of the case, allowing you to dial in the height for your gear. 31lbs

ProX XS-DDJSX-WLTBL. Adds a sliding shelf, which would be useful for the AK + 2 Elektron box performer. This + a keyboard stand might be all you need as a performance surface. 40lbs, though. :astonished: Fortunately, it is listed as having wheels

and

Odyssey FZPIDDJSX
Currently reduced in price from Amazon. Looks to be the most affordable hard case available. 24lbs.

Gator GTOUR DDJT1-S1 . This one has interior dimensions closest to the AK, and should give the tightest fit without modification. 28lbs.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GTOURDDJT1S1?adpos=1o1&creative=55686513361&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw-OCqBRDXmIWvveLE3_cBEiQAZWfImbia26gHJMvQ_OsJtfFaLr4PZgY48dsiRrBw2pOJdYUaAvJC8P8HAQ

Thomann launched a service for customized hard-case compatible for analog keys. Itā€™s great and it suits the analog keys perfectly, 115ā‚¬

Check it out :wink:

https://www.thomann.de/fr/casefactory_keyboardcase_standard_1.html?cid=66560&bid=0

1 Like

I received the analog keys bag yesterday and must say it fits real snuggy
the front pocket looks small but looks deceive , after some fiddling , I found out that it will fit one MD, MNM or OT with PL cover+ 2x audio cables midi cable and adapter.
you just have to know how to put it in ā€¦so

if your looking for a tight set this is it, and weight is not a problem if it can take a 15 inch which is round 2-3 kg it can take the tabletops easy ow yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

does not work for MKI (to big) you can not close the front pocket zipper duo its height.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this information ! Iā€™ve just ordered one and will share a picture. The backpack seems nice but the hard case just assures you can go anywhere with it ā€¦ and itā€™s even cheaper than Elektronā€™s bag.

1 Like

Did you ever take a picture of the thomann case?
Seems like the best hard case solution.

Have you flown with it yet?

Thanks!

Hey!
I havenā€™t received it yet. Thomann said it could take 2 weeks to build the case. Still waiting for it but Iā€™ll get back to you, which should be around next week !

Iā€™ve seen other thommann cases and it seemed well built ! And at that price comparing to other cases it looks like a steal.
Iā€™ve also considered to find some sort of pelican case, which are nicer than flights cases but didnā€™t want to spend the time to make it fit my AK !

Yea, looking at the other cases for Nord Lead and Mopho X4 on the Thomann site, it appears the harder foam and case are perfectly fit to the specified instrument.

Iā€™m mostly interested in your overall impression of the case, and the weight of the case with AK inside the case.

Hey AdamJay sorry for my late answer. I just got back home and the case arrived. I saw a band touring with that same case with a AK at a festival where I was working. AK fits perfectly in it but I had to remove 2 littles foams at each corners at the case to make it fit. It seems like I had to do it to make it fit but I donā€™t understand why they put them in the first place. The 2 pieces were just glued.

Otherwise nothing to complaint about. As you can see in the first picture, the pressure on the buttons left some marks but I guess this pressure isnā€™t a problem. As your concern about the weight with the keyboard. It can be heavy if you have to walk long distance but itā€™s around 10kg with the keyboard. The handle makes it confortable to hold.

http://imgur.com/a/o9dx5

1 Like

Can this case split apart at the hinges, HotLoveDrama?

Hey!
No I donā€™t think so. I havenā€™t put the flight case to extreme conditions, but I work in music venues and festivals and encountered bands touring with this same case model. Itā€™s reliable and unbeatable at this price. If you want the flight case you can jump on and wonā€™t break youā€™ll have to pay more, but I think itā€™s more than good enough for classic situations (transporting in a van or :red_car: )

Just make sure you order the one with butterfly hinges like on my model because Thomann also makes similar cases with more budget hinges.

1 Like

Thanks man. I just got one Today actually, but I was trying to figure out if my hinges can be detached. Canā€™t see any info on the product page. Seems like they canā€™t. Not a big deal. Yeah, seems very solid. Quite happy with it :slight_smile:

Can anyone recommend any decent travel cases for the AK?

Doesnā€™t need to be a hardshell, actually a soft padded case with an arm strap would be ideal.

Iā€™ve been looking at options on thomann but to no avail, width is never a problem but the depth is always a brickwall.

Dimensions: W660ƗD309ƗH93 mm

If you come across any good links please drop em here :smiley:

Thanks

The EGB1 can still be found at some stores, pricey though and has a ā€œsteal meā€ logo on it. Other than that it is a decent carry for a Keys or 3 desktop boxes.

This seems like a very nice option for Analog Keys + extras - Ordered the 42in (will post pics when it arrives)

Manufacturers Website:
Plano Molding All Weather Tactical Gun Case 42-Inch Black
https://planostoragecases.com/shop/firearms/plano-all-weather-tactical-gun-case-42-inch/?attribute_pa_color=black
Plano SKU: 108442-PARENT

There are two sizes that I discovered from Plano - the 36 inch and 42 inch
43"X13"X5" Interior Dimensions, Exterior specs: 46 x 16 x 5.5 inches
Watertight Seal
Pressure Relief valve
Secure Draw-Down Latches
Customizable Foam Inserts

EBay Listing for Plano Molding All Weather Tactical Gun Case 42-Inch Black:

EBay Listing for Plano Molding All Weather Tactical Gun Case 36-Inch Black:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PLANO-MOLDING-108362-Rifle-Case-36-in-Black-Polypropylene-G8061891/382071864165_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D777003%26algo%3DDISCL.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620091411%26meid%3D2f05fcdb91a6429f972d6b9f96b20ef4%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301976565798

Looking for a cheap ABS Plastic case with inner foam that will fit Analog Keys
Can anyone suggest any brand model # to buy ?

thanks in advance David

Hey all - I thought hard about the best case option. Ended up with a UDG backpack (designed for DJ controllers) which I can highly recommend:

UDG Urbanite Midi Controller Backpack Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010VSM66Q?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Quite pricey but really protective and a good fit. Plus thereā€™s room in separate padded pockets for laptop, big headphones, a volca or two etc. etc. Super flexible.

Its way too big ā€”lengthwise and width wise ā€”AK will move around too much in the UDG

Not at all, itā€™s really snug with AK! Doesnā€™t move at all.