Analog Keys and cubase

Hello to all,
is it possible to use the Analog keys as controller in cubase only with the USB connection or is it only possible with an external sound card with the midi in/out cables please?

For the time being, i am recording live tracks with AK sounds in audio into cubase but nothing is manageable afterwards from the AK - it is locked.

Is it maybe because it is recording only as audio and not midi?

So I would like to use the AK itself and also as controller for an instrument track (with Halion Sonic for instance).

thank you :slight_smile:

I have made so manipulations that I have no sound anymore :roll_eyes:

First things first …

AK does send and receive MIDI via DIN and USB. How to set this up, is in the manual section <Global/MIDI Config/MIDI Port Config>.

Cubase, like many other DAWs, has at least two kinds of tracks, “audio” and “MIDI”. If you are recording the AK sound, you are obviously using an “audio”-track.

To receive MIDI from the AK or send MIDI to the AK you have to create a “MIDI”-Track and set it’s send/receive busses to the AK accordingly or as needed. If you want to play a plug-in instrument with the keyboard of the AK, the AK should deliver the MIDI-In of your plug-in track. Cubase might need to create an “AK-bus” first. This is only to tell Cubase that external gear shall be integrated in the “virtual studio” and be used via this “AK-bus” (see the Cubase manual how this can be accomplished … a little administrative work, but not hard to do).

AFAIK the AK-sequencer-tracks do not send MIDI at all. To control “external” gear takes the “External Keyboard Mode” to be activated.

I hope this was of some help :smiley:

sorry for late reply and thanks a lot :slight_smile: