Analog Keys Aftertouch Over MIDI

Hey folks, I just got an ASM Hydrasynth desktop and was hoping to use the Analog Keys as a MIDI controller, but I haven’t had any success getting aftertouch to transmit from the Keys to the synth. Is aftertouch only applicable to the internal sound engine, or is there a setting or workaround to pass it to other gear?
Thanks in advance

I know it can send aftertouch (have used with Wavestate)… I can’t recall changing any special settings to make it work, but it did. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but keep trying.

1 Like

Thanks, this does give me hope! I’ll keep trying :slight_smile:

I think I read somewhere you might have to change a setting in the ASM to react to monophonic aftertouch? Because it is expecting polyphonic aftertouch as default? In the sound settings modulation source? I do not own one so I cannot check.

Are you using external mode on the AK? Can you use some kind of app or other synth to see if aftertouch is transmitted? Ableton also has a midi monitor. My midi interface starts blinking when using aftertouch, too…

I am pretty sure it is working, maybe will try later…

Edit: Ok just checked, the AK definitely transmits aftertouch. Activated the external mode and it worked immediately.