Analog Jam with the Rytm Mk2

A new jam i did with the Analog Rytm Mk2 and Behringers Neutron & Model D clone. They go into a mixer, reverb and delay coming from the mixer & Strymon Timeline. Live stereo mix with some bus compression.

I really appreciate critics, especially tips on mixing / frequencies / panning / compression etc.

3 Likes

and another one with the same setup, as said, feel free to comment: oblong https://soundcloud.com/hzngrcrds/oblong

Nice stuff. My one critique would be that I’m not a fan of all the heavy reverb on the kick. Or is that delay? It just makes the low end sound like a constant cloudy rumble instead of being tight. Or, if you are married to that sound, maybe try a bit of high-pass filter on the reverb to thin it out.

thank you for your advice. In fact on “subrotund” i created a bass sound only by sampling a highly reverbed and delayed kick, more or less the one i then used as kick on top, then with no effects. that was an sampling experiment on the analog rytm. i agree about the muddiness. “oblong” is a bit cleaner i think, just way more real decay in bass drum, bassline coming from te Model D.

1 Like