Analog Heat

You’re right. I was mistaken; balanced inputs, which means I can make a slight change with my cables :grinning:

3 Likes

Anybody notice a slight drop in volume when adjusting the dry/wet mix knob? It only happens on certain circuits (enhancement, rough crunch, round fuzz) and only with the filter activated.

The dip occurs around 12 o’clock, I was thinking it could be some phasing issue?

Almost always noticeable for me.
I guess it’s a kind of crossfader.
I prefered at 10 o’clock, adjusting wet level.
Not sure of my favorite settings yet.

1 Like

Such a long shot… :grinning: Is there any hope of iOS implementation yet?

I agree with the 10 o’clock setting. Above that it starts to sound weird until 2 o’clock or something. I guess that’s normal when you mix in parallel but i find it hard to get a good dry/wet balance for the mixbus.

I am interested to know this as well. IME the heat does not degrade audio when bypassed. Perhaps you have DC offset in your signalpath? The heat might bandlimit DC…

A levelmatched audio file would be a good way to find this out… as anything below 0,5dB shouldn’t be that noticeable by ears, and certainly most AD converters can handle and show diffs of such magnitude…

Same observation here. I guess “thinner” describes it. I first noticed it when listening to bass patches. When not active, the master volume still affects the output. Even with heat master volume full and inactive, the signal still comes out weaker/thinner than if I physically bypass by repatching.

I find it strange that Elektron produces 6 devices with displays, and all of them are OLED except for the one on the AH. I’d love for the AH to get updated with an OLED display.

I just saw the post above about sounds sounding thinner thru the Heat un-active compared to not going thru the Heat. Hmmm. That WOULD be shady.
But honestly… I don’t even mess with inactive. All I know is I sample thru it & I also put it on the master of my finished beats. I don’t have to press inactive to compare, I know it sounds good & that’s what matters to me.
I HAVE compared the same beats ran thru the AH & not ran thru the AH & I def liked the sound of my beats better when ran thru the Heat. I have a hard time explaining the sound, best I can do is it’s warm. It makes vinyl sound amazing. It def glues the sounds together as well when on the master. The low eq adds low without muddying & the high eq adds high without becoming piercing. & the filters are amazing.

I’ll admit it was talked up a lot before I bought it & the first day I was slightly disappointed… but each day that went by, I loved it more & more & more. I guess I was expecting miracles… but with anything you have to know how to use it to bring out it’s best.

haha…I just realized I already posted almost the exact same thing above about 3 months ago. Well I still love it damn it!

2 Likes

:grinning:

4 Likes