Analog Heat

I believe the “enhanced A4 filter” was on the Analog Keys hardware.

I believe the “enhanced A4 filter” was on the Analog Keys hardware.

That is incorrect, the resonance boost tweak was included in an OS update for Analog Four too.

See here: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/12/20/analog-four-os-update-adds-polyphony-boosted-filter-resonance-more/

“The resonance boost turns the Analog Four into a screaming beast’. The feature is especially useful for creating deep kicks and powerful bass sounds. The resonance boost provides the sound palette with new colors.”

1 Like

Ah ok, my bad. I was thinking of the “extra bass” improvement.

Youre correct the Analog Keys Filter has indeed a hardware improvement on the bass department.

the ladder filter has been physically modified to improve its delivery of low frequencies.

The resonance boost likely just expanded the range of the resonance control (which is controlled digitally). It’s not a modification of the circuit but a modification of the range of one aspect of its controls.

1 Like

So far, I like @Dataline’s demos of the AH on YouTube the most. I like it best when it acts like a flavorful compressor/limiter on the master. It reminds me of the vinyl sim compressor on the SP-303/404. I just wish I could plug the AH into my laptop and record the audio easily. It sounds like I’ll need to have Ableton or something to use Overbridge to record with the AH.

Not sure I understand what you mean? It’ll be just the same as recording your other gear right? Output in to audio interface?

I don’t think that’s possible.

Ah, I think I know what you mean :slight_smile: Yeah, sounds like the interface stuff isn’t ready yet. But you could still use it on your hardware and run the AH outputs straight in to your audio interface (if you have one) like any other unit?

If you don’t have an interface already and were planning on using AH as a way to get audio in to your computer, yeah that sucks for now :frowning: I’d guess it will get sorted really quick tho. An advertised feature etc…

yeah, that’s me lol

Yes that’s funtionality rely on OB, but device is fully functionnal. Remember at the launch of Analog RYTM and Analog Four… Overbridge isn’t in the game and devices not sold, overbridge ready… that’s a super great feature kind of offering for free… OK later people buy probably analog Line with OB in mind as a instabuy…

I use Reason, and just got into Bitwig. I think I might have Ableton 7 or something; I just don’t like using Ableton. I guess it doesn’t really matter if it’s just to record audio.

Maybe worth trying Reaper? It’s basically free and great for straight linear recording :wink: Don’t know what it’s like for overbridge tho if that’s something you want to use when they have the drivers. People seem to say Ableton is most solid for OB…

Edit - but yeah, seems you’ll have to wait it out or grab a cheap interface if you want to get stuff in to your computer in the meantime. Hope they sort it for you soon.

So what’s the intended end game for the Heat’s functionality as a soundcard?

Plug it into any daw and just record, like any soundcard?

Or will I always require OB to use the Heat’s sound card functionality, even when all the drivers, shotguns, fireworks and clowns are eventually released?

Nothing to report that hasn’t been said, except that there is a serious issue with the lcd screen, has many blind angles. Depending the angle you are looking at it, you can either read it or completely unreadable. No way yo change the settings for it. Major step down from previous lcd screens.

Anyone experiencing same problem?

Thanks

Once the drivers are ready it should just work as an audio interface without running the overbridge plugin. You should then be able to use any daw or audio program, and just set it as the interface in preferences. This is how the rytm works anyway…

1 Like

ok, thanks for the clarification. I’m guessing there isn’t a way to use Elektron with Linux; has anyone had luck with that?

Only using Reaper via a virtual Windows 7 desktop :frowning:

Edit: though Sysex is fine for updates and uploads (on an A4) from Mint.

1 Like

yes indeed, there is no digital reverb, but Round Fuzz sounds like some sort of very short spring reverb (I dont know how to describe it better) that broadens the sound, very welcomed :slight_smile:

Yes the widening effects and strange tails from the round fuzz are really cool. Extend the tails with the inverted modulation of the gain from the AR envelope and widening the sound even more modulating the filter pan with a quick random LFO.

2 Likes