no user experience yet?

2 Likes

My wife just mailed me this nice picture :heat:

need patience, must resist , work till 17:00h :evil:

13 Likes

Be cool with your wife, go to bed before 4.00AM :innocent:

3 Likes

Hi,
Not user yet but played it In Amsterdam ADE. I was nicely surprised about the filter resonance sounding much more gritty and hairy than other elektron gear, you can full crank it without sibilance or glassy tones. The pre filter drive is also a nice feature; to my ears the filter section sounds quite musical and warm.
LFO rate goes up to 2K, allowing some cool audio range stuff. EQ sounds fine and discrete. Thereā€™s plenty of assignable parameters but didnā€™t try it. The dry-wet knob allows a lot of sweet spots when shaping the sound.
Personally I still didnā€™t make my mind about this box but I can say it sounds really good and is very ā€œplayableā€ Once you have it youā€™ll probably use it everywhere.

4 Likes

Bro that boxart is hot!

2 Likes

It look super IKEA to me, but I dig it.

2 Likes

i think also ikea boxart is hot

4 Likes

Does anyone know whether Elektron currently has them in stock ready to ship? Looks like shop stock in the UK has been pushed back.

:heat: video

8 Likes

Lit!

Sounds good :slight_smile: filter seems to be a big improvement on the A4/AK which was a concern for me. Looks like an obvious purchase for OTB dudes. I normally tweak/add this stuff ITB tho and still not convinced it sounds any better (tho possibly ā€˜differentā€™) or makes more workflow sense here than plugins. Looks a lot of fun tho, having it hands on and quick intuitive dialling inā€¦ Still might grab one at some point.

2 Likes

Also I see you have filterbank there, what are your first impressions in comparison?

1 Like

Sorry, thatā€™s not my video. just found it (the first one)

btw. the user told me that the source is a roland aira tr-8

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s a tough sell this one. I reckon Iā€™ve changed my mind about 6 times on this one. Currently have doubts again unfortunately.
Callofthevoid summed it up very well I think.
If you are producing ITB I am not hearing anything at all that canā€™t be produced with the myriad of plugins available for this task. Just doesnā€™t seem to provide anything new to the table really.
BUT if you are performing live, producing OTB this suddenly makes a lot more sense as a stereo hardware box with this functionality is quite rare and unique.

3 Likes

Yeah looks amazing for OTB for sure. And a few years ago it would have killed plugins too but things have improved a lot and from what Iā€™ve heard I donā€™t think I could really pick a winner between AH and good plugins in blind tests. Definitely a cool box tho. If I ever start playing shows again Iā€™ll prob look at grabbing oneā€¦

2 Likes

about filter panning:

not sure if thatā€™s definitely always the case, but doesnā€™t a lowpass filter also introduce a phase offset (delay) which gets larger if you decrease the cutoff frequency?

if thatā€™s the case it would mean that the channel with lower cutoff comes out of the speaker slightly later than the other channel.

So basically you get a sort of exaggerated almost-binaural panning thing: the missing high frequencies simulate blocking the signal with your head, and the delay simulates the distance between your ears.

not sure if correct but I bet it sounds good nonetheless :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m put off by the fact it wonā€™t sit flush between the other Elektrons!
I obviously had trouble completing my Freudian stages as a child.

1 Like

hey - at least take satisfaction in knowing where the term ā€œanalā€ is derivedā€¦ youd be surprised how many people say that with absolutely no clue where it comes from, what it actually means, etc.

1 Like

Yeah I was toying with the ā€˜analā€™ pun but it writes itself!

I remember not getting on with the A6 because it just looked like Cylon excrement!
At least Iā€™m honest I suppose :poop:

Hi gang,

small update ā€¦ this is my new setup for the weekend (since i have a whole week of work ahead)

I hope you can see something, sorry for the bad quality picture.

The setup:

The OT is master (MIDI/Audio) -> the A4 and RYTM are routed through AB&CD -> OT mains are routed through the BigSky -> BigSky main through AH -> PA
Everything is is synced through the OT MIDI -> daisy-chained -> BigSky at the end.
The A4 CV out A/B through AH Control in.

I had not much time to try everything but my first impression is -> AH is a keeper :heat: :3lektron: :sunglasses:

The AH has so much character it is hard to explain in words (especially with my shitty english writing).

The filter is a godsend for me, i never thought i needed an (analog) stereo filter for my stuff, until now :slight_smile:
It has a great tone and can get really funky with the envelope follower, which is my personal favorite.

One thing that i wanted to try was the controller modulation. I am using the A4 for this task.
The A4 and AH are my personal dream team, since you get all the goodies from the A4 sequencer (incl. conditional locks), so much to explore .

There is only one thing that bugs me, i think i will need a second AH :happy:

Thanks to Elektron for the AH

8 Likes